Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you put clothes on your dogs??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you put clothes on your dogs??

I have one shirt but he doesnt wear cuz its warm now ..but I thought during the winter...Rex is 9.4 lbs and will be 5 months on the 1st...
    A pet store has tons of winter cloths for 75% off and I thoght of maybe getting a sweater or jacket....what do you think....what size do you think I should or could get?

You should of seen the swimsuits they just brought in for boys and girls I couldnt believe it they where so cute....maybe I might get one at the end of the year when they clearance them LOL!

Proud Mom of Boy/Girl Twins..."Brandon & Brianna"
    Now a Proud Mom of our New Puppy
    Born 1/1/2009 "Rex"

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, we don't do the ensemble thing. I do have a weatherproof coat that I put on Rudy on really cold nasty days - altho he prob is fine, it makes me feel better knowing he's got a little extra over the 'fur' coat.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is way too warm here where I live for clothes. I have used the onsies to keep their "parts" covered up when Lizzie was in heat to give an extra layer of protection from them getting together, but that wasn't for any other purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep... I have to admit it! Bella and Koda (my 70 lb chow mix!) both have tons of clothes! They don't wear them in the late spring or summer when its warm. Just winter time. They both have raincoats to keep them from getting soaked when they go out in the rain. Booties as well, it helps keep the mud out of Bella's slippers! Bella gets cold easily, she will shiver and shake when she goes out in the cold. So she has several coats and Pj's. They are just so cute! I know a lot of people thinks it crazy to dress up their pets, but to each their own! One more thing I have to admit... Bella has a bikini! Admitting you have a problem is the first step.. right? hehe!
    Mom of Bella-Blenheim female born 12-29-07
    Koda, Lilly, Neo, Gizzy,-(dog,cat,birds)
    Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Madison, Brandy, Shayde, Lucas, Abraham.

Post Thanks / Like

i have coats for Peaches cause when i first got her, her coat was so thin the first sign of rain and she would shiver. she probably doesnt need them now but i like to be sure.
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like

Yup im afraid i do too i havnt for a while tho due to her SM but rubes has 4 baskets full of different things,warm coats,waterproof coats,booties-never used,pj's, a dressing gown for after her bath,& sweat shirt type for autumn time.When i got her she had never been walked before at 4years of age so shivered& looked pained in the cold,i remember once taking her out *naked* for 15mins & it took an hour before she stopped shivering,bless.
    The thing about sizes is youve no way of knowing his size in advance so youre probably best getting things (cheaply!)as he fits them or you could waste a lot of cash!Rubes was so skinny when i got her that within a few months they didnt fit her.Good luck keeping Rex still whilst you measure him lol!!
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ciren View Post
    i have coats for Peaches cause when i first got her, her coat was so thin the first sign of rain and she would shiver. she probably doesnt need them now but i like to be sure.
    I have to backtrack and admit that Pixie had a couple cute sweaters. When we got her, she also had a thin coat and seemed to get chilly. I felt she needed them. Bandit and Lizzie never had that problem. They were fluffy as bunnies.

Post Thanks / Like

slight side note, her coats are a damn site easier to clean when she's been rolling
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like

No, the only clothing I would consider for a dog would be waterproofs so she could get a quick walk in the winter.She really objects to getting her precious fur damp.I must find some before the winter,although knowing Irish summers she'll probably need them by mid June
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

I don't, but if I had a girl, I probably would. There are some very cute girly doggie clothes out there!
    ***My little boy Brian lights up my life*** Born August 16th, 2008