• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy packs

Nicki

I'm helping a breeder friend of mine to put together some puppy packs.

It would be very helpful to know what you liked or didn't like about the pack you were given with your puppy - if you were given one at all!

Suggestions for items to include are also very helpful.

Thank you.

I got a puppy pack.
It had 4 gen pedigree cert for both parents.(sires was photocopy)
Bag of Arden Grange with written feeding instructions.
Written record of vaccinations to date and details of when next lot due..
Written details of microchip no.
I also got a written instruction sheet containing dire warnings for the children, ie not putting pups on the bed in case of serious injury from falls and one in block capitals (NO TITBITS).
A receipt of purchase.
Her own pedigree cert followed some weeks later with the microchip paperwork signed by a vet for transfer into my name.
Sins

from a non pedigree person, maybe a bit about the pup, what it likes/dislike if it has a fave toy? maybe advice on lead's collars?

(or is this to mundane?)

A small piece of blanket or a toy with mum's scent on? We had that with Ozzy; not sure if it helped, but it makes you feel better about taking them away from their mum!

In addition to some of the above mentioned, Mika also came home with a puppy blanket and a small toy. It was nice for her to start with some things of her own.

This is a bit different than the puppy pack but help Anna greatly. Ask when they come to visit, to please leave a toy that has their (the new owners) scent on it. Anna adjusted to me extremely quickly because I feel that she already knew me because of her toy that had my scent on it. Then give the toy back when they leave as it now has both scents on it. :)

If you go to the CKCS club website and do a search for puppy pack there's a 10 page pdf document which just about covers everything.
Sins

India and Geordie's puppy packs - a pocket folder containing:

• AKC registration papers all filled out
  • a photocopy of the 2003 vaccination protocols (vet schools in US)
  • a disclosure of rights - summary of state laws
  • our puppy's vaccination record
  • photocopies of cavalier health information
  • our breeder's business card
a gift bag containing:

• a short lead (we were told to bring a little collar)
  • a ziploc bag full of Royal Canin adult 27
Before we went to pick up India, her breeder told us what size crate to bring for her. I also brought a bottle for the breeder to fill with water for India for the long trip home.

(That's all I can remember, but I'm sure I've forgotten something.)

This is a bit different than the puppy pack but help Anna greatly. Ask when they come to visit, to please leave a toy that has their (the new owners) scent on it. Anna adjusted to me extremely quickly because I feel that she already knew me because of her toy that had my scent on it. Then give the toy back when they leave as it now has both scents on it. :)

I asked my breeder to do this for me, a toy and blanket stayed at hers for a few weeks.

Along with a small blanket with scent and Royal Canin, health records, etc., my breeder sent along 2 "hooves" (one for the new pup and one for my 9 yr. old). I had never had one before, and both dogs loved them (and still do after 7 months).

Thank you so much everyone - some excellent ideas :D

We did see teh Cavalier Club one but not too sure about some of it...

Back