Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bran Flakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bran Flakes

does anyone give their furbabies bran flakes? Lucy was at the vets today and her glands were very full, the vet said to give her bran so I got a box of bran flakes which he said to get. I dont want to give them to her dry so I am going to soak them in water first, is this ok?????
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes give my dogs spoon size Shredded Wheat 'n Bran. I put a couple of them in with their food. Unfortunately, I don't think it has made a difference in whether their glands were full or not. Oliver in particular scoots all the time - even right after he's had his glands emptied. Maybe he just likes the feeling.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    We have problems with Leo's glands. I crumble up a handful of Branflakes and sprinkle it on his breakfast. It doesnt seem to bother him that they're dry.

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

I mix mine with a bit of natural yogurt.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

I used to give mine plain bran from the health food shop, sprinkled over their breakfast. Now I make them rusks, containing bran, wholemeal flour, oatmeal and a few other good things and they get one each at bedtime. (I also sell them to all my friends, which pays for Oliver's obedience show entries!)

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Like a lot of other members I get Wheat Bran from Holland and Barrett and give them a teaspoon each over their food and also one bite sized shredded wheat each meal as well.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I find Shredded Wheat does the trick - my lot love them and their glands have improved. They still need to have them done but nothing on the amount we used to need them done. Plus, it's only wheat with no random other stuff in them so it tends to agree with most dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your replys, I gave them the all bran last night dry, and they loved it!!! I also have shredded wheat, I havent tried them on that yet. Lucy also needs to lose weight so I have to cut back her food so I am sure the bran flakes will make up for the little less food.
    Has anyone heard that pineapple is good too? My O/H heard it from someone that it really helps with the glands also??????
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

i give harley oats occasionally usually mixed up with goats yoghurt. di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Havn't read all the replies but just wanted to add to check for salt and sugar content in packet cereals before giving to a dog
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'