Firstly, I'd like to say hello I am new here and love it so far.
After weeks of research we finally decided on a breeder that had puppies 4-5 weeks old. We drove out (around 2 hours away) and saw the litter. Out of the four, only 2 were available. We'd seen pictures and had already decided on one, but it turned out the other really took to us. He was all over me and curled up in my lap for a nap like he'd been with me forever. I guess he chose us and not the other way around!
We recieved updates/pictures and video's during the next few weeks and all was well. At 8 weeks we got a call from the breeder told us that during the vet exam they found a heart murmur. There were three vets available and all three checked him and said the same thing. He is also the smallest of the litter, not sure if this makes it worse? The breeder is also very upset over this situation and offered us a few alternatives. We could wait and pick from the next litter, pick another from other breeder's they know that have a few available or still get our little one at a reduced price.
We did go look at a few pictures of the other puppies but my heart was on my little one. We've already purchased everything for him, even the play pen is set-up.
After giving it some thought we decided to take him anyway. I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation and how it turned out. Have we made the right decision?
Oh and the parents were both present during the time we went to visit. They have all the health checks and are heart clear. The only thing they didn't have was the SM MRI's but I only just found out about that from reading this site a couple of days ago.
We are scheduled to go pick him up this weekend. Are we in for a heartache?