Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chicken soup for the puppy lovers soul?

Post Thanks / Like

We alternate Royal Canin 27 and Halo for Rudy. Both do have the smaller size kibble which does seem to be more appealing to a finicky eater. We also had a slow spot with Rudy where he didn't seem to eat much...around 9 mos. Didn't last long!

Post Thanks / Like

well actually when we returned the Chicken Soup For the Puppy Lover's Soul I swapped it for a bag of this stuff: http://www.holisticselect.com/HS_SMAdult.html

Sam LOVES it! He ate 1/4 cup of it last night, mixed with some canned food and canned pumpkin. I fed him like half of 1/4 cup too after he polished that off and he ate all of that and wanted MORE too! This morning I gave him 1/8 cup mixed with some canned and canned pumpkin and with no enticing (last night I did hand feed some) he finished it all within 20 minutes. His poop is starting to form as well so hopefully in a couple days he will actually pooping and not having diarrhea.

The woman at the store suggested Merricks next if he still wouldn't eat the Eagle Pack because Merricks is designed for picky eaters but hopefully he'll keep with the Eagle Pack because I used to use their Holistic line on our golden and he always did really well on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're on the right track then! Glad you found something that works!!