Thread: Flea/Tick products warning

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Flea/Tick products warning

This video warns about the 'grocery store' flea/tick products:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_uqB...e=channel_page

Also, K9 Advantix contains the same ingredient Permethrin, which is especially dangerous to cats:
    http://k9advantix.petparents.com/howItWorks.cfm
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so fed up with all these flea and tick meds that don't work...for me, anyway!

I'm now using Borax laundry booster all over the house, and have been doing some reading on food grade diatomaceous earth.

Anyone use it with good results????
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chloe92us View Post
    I'm now using Borax laundry booster all over the house, and have been doing some reading on food grade diatomaceous earth.

I have only ever heard of it being used to get rid of cockroaches (and that kind of thing ), in water filtering and industry- have never heard it use for fleas. Would be very interested in how you get on with it, please update (if you decide to use it)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chloe92us View Post
    I'm so fed up with all these flea and tick meds that don't work...for me, anyway!

I have a bag of diatomaceous earth - we use it in the vegetable garden to keep crawling bugs away from our plants. There is a big hazardous warning on the bag - evidently it can scratch eyes (humans and animals) very badly. I don't think I'd want it in my house.

I originally bought it to sprinkle outside around the foundation of my house for earwigs (bugs), but I saw the warnings and decided not to use it anywhere my dogs go.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I dont use flea products at all, I give my two (dorwest herbs) garlic & fenugreek tablets & I can honestly say Ive not seen any fleas (or evidence of fleas) since I brought my dogs here in 2005!

Oh I also bath them in (dorwest herbs) pennyroyal shampoo.

The only time in the last 4 years I have used a flea product was when they went to a sitter last year & that was only because she had cats & other dogs staying the week before my two!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad that you posted this. I just purchased a flea/tink shampoo recently and washed my cat with it. He vomited for a couple of days and I was about to take him to the vet. He does the same thing with his dry food when he overeats and that is what I thought it might be. Although I've never seen him throw up so much before. Now that I think about it, it must of been the shampoo.

I checked the ingredients and it has that ingredient in it. Going straight to the bin right now.
    Issy

Kingston 12/3/09
    (Blenhiem)