• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly passed away last night

sins

Molly passed away last night at the age of 9.
She was a beautiful gentle dog who arrived 18 months ago to my sister courtesy of Karlin and Cavalier rescue.
She was an ex breeding bitch who adapted wonderfully to her new life as a beloved couch potato.She had a double heart murmur and despite this lived life with great enthusiasm as if her previous life had never existed.
She seemed fine yesterday. She stayed indoors yesterday in the heat and my mother was looking after her all day.She went home later that night with James and Kate and fell asleep around midnight.Apart from some extra panting there was nothing to suggest that she was in distress.
She was found in her basket at 2 am having gone to the bridge.

Image010.jpg

Last edited:
oh I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news :(

Bless you for taking Molly in to your lives and home, she has had a wonderful life with you.

Hi Sinead

So so sorry for you :(,Molly must have had a wonderful time the months that you where together , you are a special person for the time you devoted to her

Warmest Wishes .

Last edited:
although very sad, she went peacefully without pain or being pts, for that we should be thankful at least, sounds as if she had a lovely time with you sins, a lovely life at the end and im sure she let you know how happy she was. di

She lived with my sister Kate,her finacé James and their little boy.Molly only stayed with me for 8 weeks although I saw her almost every three weeks.So she's their sad loss- not mine,although I was very fond of her.
They're very upset today as she was their first family dog. We all adored her as she had the most loving and kind soul.It's hard to describe how calm and serene she was.
When she first came into rescue she'd never been indoors,was afraid of her own shadow but within weeks she'd blossomed into the ultimate housedog.
But she'd had a very happy and content final 18 months,knowing what it was to be wanted and loved,just for herself.
Sins

So sad to hear about Molly passing so unexpectedly - but wasnt she lucky to have spent her last 18 months in such a loving home with your sister and her family..
Thinking of you all :hug:

So sorry to hear your sad news, but so nice for her to have lived out the latter part of her life in a loving home.

so sorry to hear of her passing.
As sad as your sister's family is, I guess they must get some comfort knowing she lived fully in their care and passed peacefully without any intervention. As dog owners and lovers, when the end comes, isn't it what we all hope for?

So sorry to hear that Molly has gone to the bridge. At least she knew the joy of being loved in her last months. :hug: to your sister and family for giving her a wonderful home.

So sorry about Molly. Your sister and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

So sad to hear the news, but hope that knowing her final months were so happy will be of some comfort. :luv:

I am so sorry to here this news but she knew that she was loved :hug:
When tomorrow starts without me and I'm not there to see;
The sun will rise and find your eyes, all filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry, the way you did today,
Remembering how I'd lay my head, In your lap that special way.
I know how much you love me, as much as I love you.
And each time that you think of me, I know you'll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me, please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name, and petted me with her hand.
She said my place was ready in Heaven far above

---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Back