• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Frozen Food

Brian M

Hi

Is it OK as part of their daily food intake to feed them items straight from the freezer ie green beans ,broccoli, carrots and I also get from PAH the Natures Menu range of frozen small blocks of veg and another is tripe ,I normally let them thaw as i just presume like us humans if we have something frozen its quite unpleasent on your tummy ,but then again in this hot weather it might be nice and cooling for them .
Thoughts pls .

Harley prefers frozen veg to fresh, so he does get some frozen veg most weeks, not sure how good it is for them though, it does say frozen is better than fresh as they are frozen fresher and being as they havent thawed or deterorated in any way, they should be better for them, and we eat ice cream dont we and frozen yoghurt without any probs. :cool:

not sure about the meat - maybe thaw it in the freezer & give it to them cold rather than frozen?

My two like chasing ice cubes in the grass!

When I took my golden retriever to the vet a couple months back I said he loved when I put ice cubes in his water. My vet warned me he had a dog come in who also loved ice cubes in water and for some reason the really cold water caused him to bloat. He supposedly didn't gulp the water either drank it at a normal pace too. So I don't give anything frozen anymore because I am petrified that maybe the bloat was caused by the frozen object???

Hope they are ok!! We use frozen green beans as a training tool instead of the hi calorie dog treats. Rudy will do just about anything for them. In moderation, of course.

I toss a handful of frozen green beans in Bella and Koda's evening meal. It seems to keep them full longer!If they had their way they would eat 8 meals a day!!!:shock: It has never seemed to bother them at all. They like the crunchyness of the frozen as apposed to the thawed.

Hi,
We also give Leo frozen green beans.....he loves them and its a good way of bulking his food with few calories:jmp2:

Never give your dogs ice if they are hot. The difference between their body temp and the ice/water temp is what causes the bloating and can be very harmful. I do give Lucky ice, only if he's in the house and hasn't just come in from running around outside. He also LOVES frozen vegi's. Again, only as long as his body temp is normal.

We also give frozen green beans or snap beans out of the fridge. The girls love them!

Back