• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Baby is sick

ilsamom

:(

Ilsa woke up this morning, walked as usual and afterwards began vomiting for over 2 hours straight. This being Sunday (and tomorrow a holiday here in France) her regular vet was closed until tuesday so we jumped a taxi to the emergency vet. She examined Ilsa for all of 10 minutes, told me she had a virus and gave her a shot and a prescription for some pills. She still won't walk, eat (even her favorites with her obligatory SM pills) and I am terrified and have no idea what to do. I called the clinic back and they told me to let her rest but I hate to see her like this. I am so afraid for my little girl.

Jen and Ilsa

If she doesn't improve, I'd ask for blood work to be done to see how she is coping on her SM meds. Just my opinion.

I'm sorry to hear this. All you can do is let her sleep and fight the virus herself.It's a dreadful worry when you have to sit up with a very ill dog. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.
Sins

If she's stopped vomiting and isn't having diarrhea, I'd let her rest. Think about what you need when you have a tummy virus. Typically, I feel wiped out and if I am not hanging over the loo, then I am wanting to be curled up asleep. They probably feel the same way. Last time Bandit and Lizzie were like that (at the same time) once the vet gave them a shot, they finally stopped shivering and vomiting and slept for about 4 hours straight. When they woke up they felt so much better. It took another day or so to completely straighten out their bowels, but I think the rest was much needed.
I do hope she feels much better soon. It is so worrying when they are unwell.

Hope your girl is on the mend now, why do they always get sick at a weekend?! :( Let us know how she is doing.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. She moped around most of today but did perk up and eat something tonight so I think she is feeling better. She has her acupuncture tomorrow anyway so we'll see the vet. I hate to see her like that - she looks so pathetic.:(

Jen and Ilsa

im just catching up-sorry to hear Ilsa's been poorly little poppet & glad to see she's on the mend, it rips your heart out to see them ill so i hope you are doing ok too:hug:

Just saw your post Jen - I was visiting my parents for the past week. How is little Ilsa? I hope she's pretty much back to normal by now. Did she see the vet today?

Back