• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bandit after the good stuff

brotymo

Here are a couple of short videos of Bandit trying to get to the good stuff in the kitchen.

I put down a cup of tea,on the floor turned my back on it and he had knocked over the cup and had a nice srtong cuppa.

OMG! Im amazed at how high he can jump!! He very nearly almost made the counter :yikes

You will definitely loose your sinner one of these days!! They are both adorable :luv:

Bandit looks like a real little character, he can certainly jump high, my Jasper used to jump high like that when he was younger when he wanted to try and get something he should`nt, Bandit actually looks a lot like my boy, a lot of deep brown on him, both your cavaliers look lovely.:)

I'm glad Max isn't the only counter surfer wannabe! It's a good thing Cav's aren't any bigger:D

Yes, for hamburger and chicken, he will go nuts. The second video, I had put the frozen patties down before carrying them out to the grill. When I turned to look, that little face jumping up was what I saw. I just had to get that on video before I took the burgers to the grill. He makes all those funny "talking" noises, too.

Wow, he's a hungry little guy! Don't you feed him enough? ;)

He's a good jumper -- get that boy into agility, pronto! :p

It's amazing how they can just eat and then act absolutely famished 30 seconds later, isn't it? Daisy is the same way, but she's not nearly the jumper that Bandit is. She puts her front feet on the edge of our dinner table (she's pretty tall), and takes a look over the top to see if there's anything good up there. Sometimes she will act really nonchalant, like she's just stretching and just happened to pick the table edge to brace herself against. I always laugh when she does that. It's like "Hey, don't mind me, I'm just having a stretch." Meanwhile, her big eyes are rolling around surveying the table. She has managed to catch bowls with her foot and tip them off the table a couple of times. Usually it's my daughter's abandoned little cereal bowls. Luckily, she eats cereal dry, so there's no mess, especially after Daisy is done!

They are both really cute! Gus jumps like that when there is food on the counter and he 'talks' to me aswell.

Daisys Mum, I do plan to get Bandit into agility. He is very high energy and athletic. Lizzie, on the other hand, is my couch potato. Is agility something you do? I'd love to get some advice on where to start.

Daisy and I did a local agility 6 week course. It was very good, and they are starting another session this summer, but our problem is that Daisy is extremely dog reactive on leash and this was a HUGE issue during the class. We were constantly running/walking by other dogs during the class and she would start lunging at other dogs at random times. One big blood hound got loose once and immediately he ran over to us because Daisy is such a nut. We were very lucky that he didn't attack her. She was kind of standing behind me (on leash, of course) as I was talking to the instructor. I didn't see the other dog come up to us, and of course, she lunged at his face and I about had a heart attack as I jerked her out of his reach.

The major words of wisdom I got from the trainer in this class (and the one in our CGC course) was "You've got to do something about her dog reactance, or she is going to get herself killed by a dog one day." Yes, I agree, but it doesn't really tell me HOW to fix it. One of them recommended I plop her down, grab her face and say NO very roughly every time she does it. I think that just increases her stress and negative arousal when she sees another dog. I think it is about two things: leash frustration and dominance. When she meets a new dog, she wants to bowl them over and put her head over their neck. It breaks my heart that she is this way. It's gotten worse and worse over the 3 years of her life.

She was really, really good at doing all the agility obstacles, and I think we could have been a good agility team and had a lot of fun, but this dog problem is just not going away. It makes me very sad. I am currently working on distraction with treats when we see another dog, but she is just so fixated when she sees it, I might as well be trying to lure a concrete block with a treat. She's just in a trance. She even starts stalking mode when we see a dog or cat on our walks. She gets very low and walks very slowly with a fixated stare. Sweet Daisy turns into Cujo. I think she's bipolar!

Anyway, other than that major problem, the class was a lot of fun and I'm sure there would be a similar class offered somewhere within driving distance of you.

Wow! Bandit can jump!!! I love it! Bella does the "talking" that Bandit was doing! Anytime I am eating and not paying her any attention, she will break out that pityful whine, bark and talking! Its so funny!

Back