• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shutting down puppy mills: tax evasion!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Board member miss daisy, who runs the www.irishanimals.ie website, has posted this story over there and I wanted to repost it here because so many frustrated people wonder how to get at puppy mills.

One answer is: report them for tax evasion!!

Many of us in animal rescue and welfare use this technique! Ring your tax office to find out how to report someone you believe is running a business without paying tax on earnings, or VAT/sales tax. We have used this approach with some success. You can submit such forms confidentially and if needed say someone told you they went to consider a puppy and were not asked to pay VAT... or that they wanted cash payments only... or you went to buy and they didn't charge... etc... all typical of people avoiding income tax and VAT. Believe me, BYBs and puppy mills/puppy farms will NOT be meeting their tax compliance obligations...

Women Accused Of Running Puppy Mill
240 Dogs Seized From Farm

NEW ALBANY, Ind. -- Two hundred forty dogs were seized from a southern Indiana farm where two women are accused of running a puppy mill.

The animals are being temporarily held at a New Albany warehouse.

With the help of state police and Humane Society volunteers, Indiana's attorney general executed a search warrant at a farm in Mauckport in Harrison County.

The animal seizure was based on a sales tax evasion claim.

So far, the two women haven't been charged with any crimes.

Brill idea,we did this to the builder who cleared off with our money,i have had others complaining about him so i gave the inspectors name and phone number,the more people that do this the more they will be CAUGHT....

Back