• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Second hand kidney

Janice

Reuben has just eaten a kidney/gall bladder he found that the cat left from its prey of last night. I dont know if it was a mouse or a young rat or what but is it dangerous to Reuben?

I am not sure, but I have seen cats die from eating poisoned mice and rats. I think I would keep a very close eye on her. You could have made her vomit if you had caught it fast.

It might have been the stomach -- usually that is what cats leave as a 'gift'... :grnyuk:

A lot of people would raw-feed their dogs and a bit of offal isn;t probably going to be a problem unless as noted there was something wrong with the rat/mouse or whatever it was. If he appears to be fine after a few hours I doubt you have anything to worry about. But if the cat is fine and ate the animal last night then I doubt there's any concern about poison.

PS That has to be one of the best thread subject headings in a long while... :lol:

Jaince you will quickly learn that Cavaliers have to scare you silly on a regular basis just so you remember how much you love them... :D

They are always getting into something they shouldn't, doing something they shouldn't - thank goodness Karlin set up this board so we could come here and check things out!!

I think they should come with a health warning really :eek: - for us!!

But how can you resist that adorable wee face - I'm sure he'd never do anything naughty.

Nice of the cat to share her dinner with him :*gh: - yes the only problem with rodents is if they've been poisoned - but I think cate are pretty sensible and tend not to bring carrion home.

Back