• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Probably the 100th time this has been asked

Charlifarley

Ok I have figured out (I think) how to link to a photo I have uploaded to say Flikr,
http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=17567
but how do all you clever people manage to post the photo directly into a thread so that the photo is already there - open for everyone to see? I'm sure there is a posting somewhere about this but can't find it.
Sorry and thanks,
Charli

When you're typing your text in the box to submit a new thread or reply, there's an icon above the box with a little mountain on it which stands for "insert image". Click on it, and then paste the photos URL from flickr or whatever you're using. Simple as that!

Thanks Trisha, but does that not give you a link to the photos as opposed to having the actual photo open in the reply, or am I missing something?

Ok I have it figured I think:
What you do is go to the photo you want to post in Flickr, then copy the URL,
then, go back to this site, go to the thread/post, type in
put the cursor in between the middle two brackets, with no space, then paste the URL. Next click on preview and hey presto, your photo should appear....well it did for me anyway!

Cute pic of Bosco!

I used to do the whole thing too, but I would always forget which way the dash needed to be, or not to include any spaces, etc.

Then I realized if you click the little mountain (insert image) icon you don't have to worry about any of that! Yes, you need to copy the URL from the photo you want to paste. Then click the mountain icon. A box pops up and you paste the photos URL and hit OK. It is so much easier!

Test it out.

Back