Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Really worried about Poppy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, she is doing fab, i have weaned her off the steriods. We have had no problem with her feeding since the infections have cleared, i'd say all of the problems with her appetite were down to her being sick.

She was sick before she went into the kennels, actually it was when she got the kennel cough that she went down hill. She eats about 50g twice a day and a bit of chicken if we are having some. I cant believe the change in her, i'd say if she continues as she is she will have caught up in terms of weight by the end of the month.

At least i can go on hols now and not be soo worried. I have no concerns about the kennels

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear that Poppy is doing so well! Bet you are feeling so relieved!
    J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Ruby View Post
    She has had no tests yet, vet has here on the Hills z/d awful stuff. The pellets are huge, she has been eating James Wellbeloved.
    This evening we gave her her bowl with a mix of her james wellbeloved and the z/d and she removed all of the z/d from the bowl and ate the rest.
    I know that we all in the house need to relax more about the feeding as i am sure she is picking up on our anxiety.
    She seems to really like carrots. The problem is the food is so bland and trying to entice her to eat it. Is there anything you guys add to the dry food to make it more appealing?
    Going to persist and let her have some more goats milk and see how she goes. Searched the garden cant find any runny poohs...she has eaten some food today may eat nothing tomorrow
    Stuff to make food more palatable:
    Cook liver in a couple of cups of water-- chicken or calfs liver-- pour some of the liver juice (NO LIVER pieces) over the chunks of dry dog food. This helps, especially when the pieces of food are large (softens them).
    A bit of yogurt on the food. If you were in the USA, I'd suggest benbac, fastrack. Nutrical/nutristat helps get the pups some nutrition.

Coccidia and giardia are sometimes the culprits when a dogs system is totally out of balance.
    Good luck to you, Sandy

Opps, should have read to the end first... glad to hear she is feeling better

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say Im sooooo relieved that shes finally turned the corner.Go Poppy Go.

Post Thanks / Like

So brilliant to hear she has turned around! All of your hard work has paid off, well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Dying to get Poppy weighted again, hoping she is at the 4kg mark

Post Thanks / Like

She is too! Can you put her on your bathroom scales?i do with my girls every sunday morning,a "sit" & a treat & we're done
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely thrilled to hear that Poopy is on the mend. She sure has had a very tough time. Fingers crossed she'll be 100% in no time!