Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Really worried about Poppy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor Poppy. I'm glad they finally found out what all her troubles were though. Flagyl should help a lot with the diarrhea and inflammation.

I would call your insurance as well, although unfortunately I think they will probably consider it a pre-existing condition, but all policies are different so it wouldn't hurt to ask. (Lucky had chronic diarrhea/colitis as a puppy too and subsequent vet visits for the same thing were excluded because he was taken in during the waiting period for the policy to take effect)
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

The insurance forms have gone in and bile test results due next week. Called in at the vet again for supplies, Poppy has only eaten about 1 1/2 cans of food in a week. She is really lifeless today and is refusing all food.
    The vet has given me some steriods for her to stimulate her appetite, if she continues the way she is i cant see her lasting the week. She doesnt seem in any pain she is just skin and bones and totally lifeless now, its no life for her. She wont be able for any surgery.
    Keep breaking down when i have a cuddle with her, maybe its better for her to go to sleep

Post Thanks / Like

OMG- I feel so bad for you. Don't give up on her yet! I could strangle your vet, honestly. I can't believe none of this blood & fecal testing was done earlier, I just don't get it!

I hope she pulls through. Big hugs to you.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

i just am reading this story now - i agree with Chloe - with such a little one, I don't understand why there was such a relaxed attitude when it came to testing. Big hugs to Poppy and I hope she can pull through this

Good luck
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also just reading this thread now. I am so sorry that you and your little one are going through such a tough time. I do so hope that things improve.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor you & poor little Poppy,im so sorry to hear shes so bad.Try to stay strong,i hope she improves
    Will say a prayer for you both,take care
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think she is suffering and in pain, if not then i would hold fire, does keep fluids down and how are her motions now, i dont suppose she has much to pass. What does the vet think, has he given her fluid by drip, she may be very dehydrated and rest is probably what is best for her. Let us know how she is doing, fingers crossed. di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sad to read the update on Poppy. I hope she's turned a corner and is feeling better ...

How is Poppy doing now?
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are with you and Poppy and I pray for a speedy recovery. Please dont loose hope on your little one...
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry you are going through all this. I'd try ice cream, raw hamburger, anything that might stimulate her interest and get a little bit of food into her. I know people who have done all these things to try and maintain weight.

It is very strange that these basic tests were not conducted at an early stage -- this should normally be routine for vets from early on in identifying a problem, not just trying foods (to me it would have made far more sense to do bloods and faecals long before trying different foods -- and the lack of growth would have pointed to perhaps an urgent underlying problem ).

My thoughts are with you; hoping Poppy will pull through.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com