• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lowest Calorie and Best Grade Food

Totally agree with Chloe - kibble 2 X 40g with a sprinkle of green beans and nothing else a day, with at least 1/2 hours fast walking should do the trick.

Gravy bones - for a small dog should be max 5 per day according to their instructions on a kilo bag.

My two get 4 gravy bones for breakfast, 100g of Burns with 1 natures menu banquet nugget on top and a 1/2 a charcoal bone for supper. They have 2 x 30 mins excersise a day Mon- Fri and then at least 1 hour walk/play/agility on weekend days and they are superfit and superlean :)

I'm afraid you have to be harsh, if you dog does not burn off what goes in, rather than cut what goes in as much, get more out of your dog :) - why not join an agility club - we burned loads of calories last week - even on our 1st pre agility lesson :)

Best of luck anyways

Hi Kirsty and Chloe

I am lost having never needed to diet I just presume that what goes in must be balanced by what is burnt up ,but I can see the example of needing energy to burn energy ,having just come back an hour ago after a good 1 1/2 hours walk the girls seem OK they didn't obviously seem exhausted .I have stopped feeding any extras like the yogurt and salmon oil though they do have their vitamin tablets of a night and none of them appear ravenous so I am a bit confused which direction to go:confused:

Hi Merlinsmum
Agility club sounds a great idea. We have had Molly for 18 months and she has always been chunky!!!!!!! I have started her on Ardon grange sensitive this week for a number of reasons to include being 13kg!, also her poops are soft and about 3 times a day, and also because she passes sooooooo much ransid gas. Iv uppped her exercise to x3 daily for half hour each time and cut her intake to 30g per meal. Iv cut out the gravy bones and given raw carrot and fish 4 dogs fish skins x2 daily. Fingers crossed Molly will benefit
Regards
mollysmum

Hi Brian
It seems to me your really trying hard with your pooch . . .stick in ther you will eventually reap the rewards of all your hard work . . . . .and it is hard work!
Regards
Mollysmum

Hi mollysmum
That all sounds good to me ,apart from A G another good food is Burns and they do a low cal one and its good for solid poops,Merlinsmum advised me about that a bit ago so I rotated between Royal C for Cavs and Burns before we went on A G a month ago.:)

Hi Mollysmum

Dont expect immediate results i think like ourselves its a lifestyle choice and needs to be continuous rather than for a couple of months to look a kilo. Otherwise they put it all back on, so find something that suits them and limit treats to one or two a week, once they get used to it they stop keep asking for food. di

Back