• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

pre anaesthetic blood screen test ?

Jasperxxgabby

Jasper is having xrays done tomorrow and obviously having anaesthetic, on the information sheet they have given me it says he can have a blood screening test to see if his system is well enough. Should I have this test done on him, it is not that expensive really :(, I didn't opt to have the test with Gabby because she was under one and she was fine, but Jasper is 4 this year. Just can't wait for this time tomorrow.

I opt for the pre-anesthetic screening blood test - it provides information about their general health. You'll also find out if your cavalier has the abnormal platelets that affect approximately 30% of cavaliers. It's better to find this out when they're healthy. Ask for a copy of his results to keep in your own files. (y)

If mine haven't had a blood panel done 6 months prior then I do one. Before their dentals in February we found out Jake had an elevated liver enzyme count....it did go back down, but had we not done the blood panel, I wouldn't have known. I say, for peace of mind, do it.

Jasper had the blood test, I just had the phone call to say the results are good. He is now under anaesthetic having his xrays and a lump removed from just above his left ear. Just a waiting game now to hear he is out of the anaesthetic and then to wait for around 4ish when I can go to collect him

:thnx: have pm you both:).
He is home now, is ear looks unsightly and I didn't like to look at him at first but I am getting used to it. Just getting my head around a couple of things :(

I know what you mean. Seeing India after her spay and after her knee surgery was very difficult at first.

Just keep reminding yourself he'll look and feel a little better each day. :flwr::flwr::flwr:

Just remember how resilient they are. I was in tears when I brought each of mine home from their surgeries...and smiling two days later when they were back to their goofy little selves. Fingers crossed you get everything sorted out with Jasper.

Back