• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What happened to my perfect angel?!!

nannyj

Quincy is 5 1/2 months old, and up until about 2 weeks ago, was a perfect angel. Not anymore! He's getting into everything, and isn't listening well at all. He's only allowed access to two rooms right now, our kitchen and family room. I do a good job of keeping everything out of his reach, but he continually jumps up to see if there's something on the coffee table, etc. I always redirect him to one of his toys, but it's like he's suddenly wild and crazy! He also discovered his voice, and has started barking at me. Is this what happens to them at this age? Is this the behavior that people talk about when they say that neutering helps them calm down? I hope so!

However, he is doing great with housetraining. He hasn't had an accident in 6 weeks, and he nearly always "asks" me to go outside now. I just love him more than I imagined I would. He's such a great companion, and so loving and cuddly!

He's a teenager! Max isn't that dissimilar. Keep up with the training. I've noticed that Max is not as good with his sit because we haven't been practicing. He knows when it's expected and does it without being told. However, that means when I do ask him to sit he's not all that interested so it's something I'm working on.

If there was a search and rescue job for socks he'd be a shoe in. I have an entire bucket full of socks Max has "found" in the last week and I have confiscated or traded. Since we are only three adults living in the house that really is pretty pathetic that he finds so many lying around (although when I let him come down to the laundry with me he steals them out of the dirty or clean laundry). Just keep being consistent.

I would say 6-12 months are the hardest and you really have to keep up with the training. But they chew, bark, wander off, don't come when called, etc etc at this age. It's puppy adolesence.

He will become his perfect self again between 12-16 months.

Yup, a definate teenager:D

Murphy went through it about 6 months, he just didn't want to know, he was so independant. It didn't last long though, thank goodness:rolleyes:

Since the raccoon incident Max has learned that the sky won't fall in if he doesn't come immediately when I call him:eek: It's something I have to be aware of and work on. Since we just started puppy agility classes it gives me impetuous to continue using the obedience commands.

Keep up with the training.......we went through this.....it's definately a rebellious teenager stage:bang:

It does pass have hope

Mel

They get up to all sorts at this age! :rolleyes:
385942950_334854cf34.jpg

Too funny! I'm glad to hear that this stage will pass in time! He is good most of the time, but when he's not, he's crazy! Luckily he's a great sleeper, so I do get a break! Thanks for all the great replies!

So Funny

We are going through the same thing with our six month male. He is absolutely ignoring us. I am now walking around my house with puppy treats in my pockets just to keep his attention. Not sure if that is the best idea but, at least he is coming when I call his name.:razz:

Back