• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

James Wellbeloved food

:eek:OMG - I didnt know that!

Im currently feeding a small amount of JW with raw - ive still a 1.5mg back of the turkey & veg left, dont feel like I wanna use it now after reading that!

Be interesting to find out if this is true or not.

I've read quite a bit about it. George has never had it but I know it's meant to be a really good food. Terrible if it's true!

If they are only testing poo samples and coat condition - I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong with that if the animals are being kept in good conditions.

Other companies in the past have cut animals open to examine how feeding has affected them - also removed organs etc to see whether that makes any difference.

JWB is a good quality food - I have fed Burns in the past and been very happy with it. Originally two vets started Burns and one went off and started JWB, they are now Crown Pet Foods who also make Royal Canin.

Burns don't use battery hens in their chicken variety which pleased me.

If you can get it, there is an excellent food, Healthy Paws, which is rabbit and brown rice. http://www.healthypaws.co.uk/ still hard to get hold of at the moment though.

If they are only testing poo samples and coat condition - I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong with that if the animals are being kept in good conditions.

Agree to an extent as long as that's all it is. I've read varied reports and I was just curious to find out if it is actually true and to what extent it is happening.

The best thing to do is call the (or any) company or write to them and ask for specifics if there's a concern (every packet of food will have contact information). That thread is pretty much hearsay and rumour -- people saying they've heard this and that or their friend said that someone else told them... etc etc. As someone there points out as well as Nicki, pretty much every food HAS to be tested somehow -- you can't throw ingredients together and hope animals will like it. :) They simply have to be feed-tested at least.

Most animal food companies, including the 'small' brands, are now owned by larger conglomerates. It's a lucrative market and changing all the time though.

James Wellbeloved has been owned by a larger conglomerate for several years. It remains one of my favourite dry foods.

PS Royal Canin only does feed testing for taste and digestibility so would not think JWB is any different.

Back