• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Impacted Anal Gland...Bella very poorly

Had 2 hours sleep last night, Bella was crying and panting all night and she had very little sleep and even when she did sleep she still cried. I rang the emergency vet at 6am and took her in. When she got on the table she wet herself. It was so sad to see. She's in there at the moment and is receiving pain killing injections every 4 hours as the pills are not helping her pain. I'm waiting for a phone call to see if I can pick her up later. The positive is that the wound looks like it improving so I'm holding onto that glimmer of hope. I know this is a painful thing for her, I can't understand why her pain's been difficult control. Anyway fingers crossed I'll get her home tonight.:xfngr: And thank you all again for the kind words and support. This is the best site EVER x

Hi,
You poor thing. When Leo's abcess broke I had to clean the wound like you and like Bella he was not impressed:mad:

I used to put him in the sink and just douce his bottom with warm water. He tolerated that and it really helped.
Hope you get her back tonight.
Mel X

Well the vet called and they are keeping her tonight and possibly the weekend. She still won't walk and is still in discomfort despite being heavily drugged. She has asked me not to be alarmed but she suspects that there is possible a tumour. When she originally examined Bella at the begining of the week there was a lump which she thought was an abcess/infection. Now that there has been the burst this lump has not gone down and it is a solid mass. They will keep giving her the pain relief and antibiotics for the next couple of days but if by Monday the lump is still there, they will do a biopsy. Obviously I am writing this in tears and I do know that not all tumours are bad but I can't help being upset. This lump is probably why the pain has been so bad. I saw her tonight at the vets and put my fleece in with her and moved on to it and wagged her tail for the first time in days.
Will you say a prayer for my little darling, I miss her so much. x

:(:( Bella poor darling get well soon:hug:
im so sorry to hear that Bella& you are going thro this, how terrible. simple words but try to stay strong, keep busy & hope she's home soon. i know how you feel cos last month Ruby was very ill with a virus & kept at the vets for 4 days & i was both useless & lost.
Thinking of you & will also say a prayer for her recovery soon:hug:

Oh, this is so hard to read about and so upsetting to think of what you are all going through. I think it's the saddest thing in the world when you have to leave a suffering dog in the hands of other people, however capable and caring. You just so much want to do everything for them yourself, don't you, and especially keep them by you in a familiar place.

There are very many of us here who have been through the same kind of trouble, so we all hope the vibes will reach out to you and give you as much comfort and support as is possible.

Lots of loving thoughts to you and Bella and hoping for better news over the weekend, Marie-Anne and 3 little Cavs in Worcestershire, UK. :flwr:

I hope she's over the worst of it now, and you manage to have her home for the weekend.
Thinking of you.

I am so sad to hear that Bella is still feeling bad. Definitely sending prayers and healing thoughts your way. Hopefully, your vet will be able to help her really soon. Stay strong, please keep us posted on how Bella is doing.
J.

I feel so sad reading this.... I know how much you wish you could take all her pain away. I hope she feels better real soon.... try and hang in there.... :(

Oh WOw, I am so sorry - I'll agree this has been a hard post to read - I am so sorry for Bella - Fingers crossed you guys get some good news. :hug::hug:

oh, i am sorry for you both!!
a solid mass at such a place certainly mst cause bella a lot of discomfort, poor girl.....

good that they will take a biopsy, so you can know very soon what it is, and what should be done about it.

as you write, not all tumors are bad!!
keep your spirit up and think positive thoughts.
we'll be thinking of you and bella:hug:

:updte:

Hi everyone, all your positive thoughts, prayers and good wishes have paid off. The Vet called this morning and the mass has gone down significantly over the weekend, which leads her to believe that it is not a tumour but a very very bad infection. Bella is much brighter and more comfortable and above all walking!! So my little angel is home and back where she belongs..on the sofa next to me. She's still not fully recovered obviously, and she has more pills to pop plus the vet still wants to see her on Friday, but she's home!!
She could not get out the vets door quick enough and dragged me straight to the car and jumped straight in when the door opened.:dogwlk:
When we got home, she stormed through the front door and pushed past the cats who were waiting to greet her and straight to the sofa. It was very funny :).
I am so delighted that we're getting through this nightmare and I can see things getting back to normal.
A massive thank you to everybody who supported me through this. Your stories and messages really really helped me so much. It's just great to know that there are people out there who understand exactly what it's like to love a cavalier so much and worry when they get ill. You're all SIMPLY THE BEST XXXX:*nana:

That's the best news i've heard all day.I'm so pleased to see that she's feeling so much brighter.
Sins

Brilliant news that Bella is so much better, sure she will improve every day from now on. You must be so relieved, enjoy having her home!:p

Back