• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Downtown Toronto Playday

Doggie

Hey, I was walking through Woofstock in downtown Toronto over the weekend (with my Blenheim) and I heard from a bunch of Cav people that there is going to be a really cool Playday for Cavaliers at the end of August at harbourfront. This young Chinese lady with was practically hysterical when she waved me down (like she never saw a Cavalier before--but she owns 3)

Word is if you RSVP you get some kind of VIP status with free Cav Swag.

The web site for the event is: :cffee:

http://www.brian-gray.com/cavalier.htm

:eek: Holy crap! I just checked out the site. Totally amazing. You gotta check it out. The sound effects are awesome.

I haven't yet signed up for my VIP pass yet because I don't know what picture I should use, but I'm not missing out on this one. Anybody else going??? (y)

hahaha we met her too!

We're RSVPed! I'm excited :)

Did we meet you? I had a blen and a black and tan with a stroller :lol:

Downtown Playday

I saw a Ruby, some tri-colours and Blenheims, but no black and tans (or stroller) so I guess that means we did not meet. :? What day were you there? Pick up any free stuff? Meet many other Cavaliers?

Anyway I'll see you for sure at the downtown Playday. :snap:The lady said there will be an area cordoned off for dogs to run around, socialize and play. That will be great because I'm always getting tangled up with the leash.

cavtiny

I was only there on Sunday. I don't drive downtown and the go bus wouldn't let them on without containment, so the stroller came in handy! I had it from when Kos went through lux pat surgeries a few years ago ;)

I did get a whole handful of the free cesar collars. I also got some free cesar treats that will be going to my mom's neighbor's dog. Cesar might be bad food, but I thought it was nice of them to give out collars and water. The cesar lady gave me and my mom a collar I told her I was sending them to rescue (Lucky Star) and she gave me an entire handful ;) That was exciting!

I was also able to find cheese pleasers 2 for $5 which is pretty well unheard of! We also got 2 new smoochy poochy harnesses :) Did you find anything interesting for yoruself?

I seen a few other cavaliers there. there was one cavalier that was matted and I felt bad for it - we met a few blens and 2 tris and even a ruby, but Faithey is the only black and tan I saw there. Kosmo sniffed all kinds of butts and I think he got his fix until the play date in August - LOL.

I'm looking forward to going to the cavalier play day. Where abouts are you from? I just moved to Oshawa. :)

Oh, so you use the stroller for your (fur) babies! Smart.

I'm from Mississauga, and I find taking the GO train with dogs is a hassle. The container thing is just adds extra baggage you don't want to lug around once you get downtown. :rolleyes: If you carry your dog that should be good enough. But a stroller is a good idea.

I got some Cesar stuff too (bottled water + treats). :) But I missed out on the collar. Were they nice? I really didn't find much to buy even though I brought lots of cash for bargains. I donated money to some of the rescue outfits though (though there was no Cavalier rescue there).

I think Kosmo will have a ball at the Playday. :w**h**:My dog is a butt (and crotch) sniffer too. I hate to say it but he gets his nose (and tongue) into everything.:grnyuk: At the Campbellville Cavalier picnic one year he sniffed so many butts that he was sick the next day. :sl*p: I'm going to have to keep an eye on him. :D

The stroller was nice to have. I boarded onto the handicapped part of the train so I had a nice big spot to put the stroller and it has breaks so I just pushed them down and sat. Faithey started snoring on the train and the ENTIRE train car was laughing hysterically at her :rolleyes: At one point the conductor had to step out of the train to speak properly because he was laughing so hard he couldn't announce the next stop properly - he came back in and professed to the train car "that's a DOG!" LOL - oh well at least she gave everybody some good entertainment!

I've never been to the campbellville cavalier party - I was going to go one year (I think last?) but it was raining all day and as we all know, cavaliers HATE rain :lol: I went to one in Spencerport NY last year though and I thought that one was a ball!!! Cavalier people seem to be great as well so that's always a plus!

The collars are alright! They are like a pleather with some little bones and paw prints on them. My dogs don't wear collars aside from their ID which I only put on when we go out so I really have no use for them. They are good enough to help out with the rescue cavaliers, so that's good!! I heard from another cavalier friend that there's only one rescue cavalier in Ontario at the moment and a lot of the time there are none, so that might be why there wasn't a booth there.

I couldn't believe the buddy belts are so expensive! They are still $45 even though that's considered a "deal" I still find it way too much money! I am originally from the states so I load up on dog stuff when I go back home - I find everything quite a bit cheaper back there. I wasn't impressed with most of the prices at woofstock though I will say that!

How old is your Blen? What's his name? :) I am lucky in the respect that even though I have a butt sniffer, I don't have poop eaters.. WHEW! lol :D

I wonder if the cavalier downtown day expects us to bring anything or if they are having a cavalier auction or something?

Hey, I was out of town for the weekend, and now it's too hot to go outside, so here I am on the computer again. These boards are addictive. Who knew??? :blabla:

My Blen is Tarzan and he's 6 (He used to jump all over the furniture like a monkey, flying from couch to couch--when he was younger icon_devil).

I hope it does not rain at the Toronto Playday event. Keeping those wet ears up must be hard on the neck. Mine does not like rain either; but if it is a warm rain he tolerates it once he's soaked. In the cold rain I use a coat.

I don't think we have to bring anything to the Playday, but what I gather on the web site Sponsor Page they need $$$ for prizes and catering???

icon_nwunsureHmmm, I wonder if I can hit up my boss :fool:for something. He owes me... LOL.

I wonder, is there anyone else on this thread going? :p

CU

I RSVP'd last month. I am looking forward to the Cavalier Playdate. it will be fun. I think I'll only bring two of my dogs. Now, the hard part is deciding which two.

Oh my... 4. Did you get them all at once? Too bad you can't bring them all. :drivecar: I went to the Playday site and saw your 4 on the VIP page. I have to get around to sending in a photo of mine but picking one is so hard. :-?

Kosmo and Faithey are somewhere there as well ;) Tarzan is such a cute name! I can't believe Kosmo will be 4 next January - the years seem to fly by - he's still my little puppy :rolleyes:

Charleen is going to come to the play date and hang out with me - if she can handle us for the weekend :badgrin: It'll be a blast - I'm looking forward to it :hug:

To keep those wet ears up - we use a snood :lol: I also use the puppia rain coat when it rains outside because I have hardwood floors which the dogs destroy :swear:

I'm sure they'll have a donations box or something at the event and I can just donate there ;)

I can't wait to see Sara's new house. It will be a fun weekend. :)

I hope I will be able to meet you Doggie, at the playdate.

Saw K & F on the VIP page after figuring out the pause button

I think this is going to be a great party. :rah: Hope to see both of you.

I did manage to see Kosmo and Faithey on the VIP page. I had to push the pause button underneath the main picture to have a good look. Did not figure that one out right away. A computer genius I am :bang: NOT. They are adorable. :luv: Time flies but you still have tons of good years with them.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with wrecked (and in my case, furry) wood floors. You can't be too house proud and own a dog at the same time... well at least I can't LOL :eek:

What is a snood???

I am hoping to be there also but it will depend on what weekend my guys have to move to their new digs.

Mindy's Mom, I would love to meet you at the cavalier play date if you come!! Please let me know :)

Doggie are you going for sure? My hard wood floors always have mud spots on them - it's a pain in the butt. I gave the dogs a bath 2 days ago and haven't vacuumed yet and it's a nightmare. There are literally hairballs that are flying all over the house! What's with that? :S

A snood is something placed over the head that holds back the ears to keep food out of them when our furries eat *provided by the lovely Charleen - thanks again Charleen!!*

m138361748.jpg

Thanks for your comments regarding K&F. I hope they live forever :fool:

So when do we get to see pictures of Tarzan?:)

Thanks for posting pics of your (fur) babies in their snoods

I have no idea how you post pics on this site. :confused: I will have to figure it out.:cffee:

Kosmo and Faithey look so :luv: cute with the snoods--they look like Ukranian babushkas. Did you buy the snoods or sew them up yourself? For feeding I use a really small bowl so the ears stay well away but I could really use something like that because sometimes all the bowls are in the dishwasher and I have to use a big one.

I will have to check my shoeboxes for pictures :snap:eek:f Tarzan. I don't have anything good on my computer. I will have to get a friend to scan a picture as I don't have a scanner (as if I would know how to use it if I did). As for the Playday I'm going 4 sure!!! :hug:

I went to their site (just to see if there was any other news on the Playday thing) and there was a link to this forum. It looks like we are making waves!!! :D

Oh well, gotta run and do some of this ->:v*cuum:

I will let you know for sure if I'm coming sara. I do have to convince myself to drive in downtown Toronto!

I got my snoods from www.tiabellas.com She ships to Canada and I've never had to pay duties aside from the very first thing I ordered wihch was 3 years ago - I've ordered several times. I think the reason the first time got hit was because of the shampoo. If I have light things, they can go in a bubble envelope ;) I love the snoods - Faith has quite a few of them because she's got long ears. It's not hard to post pictures on the site. We'll have to get a few pictures of Tarzan at the play date and I'll send them to you :fool:

I'm not a down town driver - that's what I'm bringing charlene for :badgrin::badgrin: Charleen made a mistake when she told me she likes to drive :p When I went to woofstock, I threw the dogs in a stroller on the train. Because it zipped up, they let them on ;) If we have 4 dogs, and she doesn't want to drive downtown either, we might try to do the go again (right charleen?) really we haven't talked about this yet :grin:

Mindy's mom - is there an easy way of getting there on the train/subway? (I don't know downtown at ALL!) I hope to meet you there :hug:

I'll have to check it out. I'm pretty sure Via doesn't allow dogs but that would work perfectly for me. I'll probably either have to suck it up or convince hubby that he can handle a Cav fun day:D

Sara - you are funny!

I can't see me getting a stroller for my dogs, so I won't be able to take my dogs on subway

And I don't mind driving my car in downtown Toronto, I have driven downtown many times. I am up for the playdate adventure.

Back