• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need advice on supplements/ probiotics

chloe92us

Hi all-

I am currently feeding 3 dogs Orijen Chicken formula and love, love, love this food. Ollie is prone to colitis from stress and doesn't seem to do as well w/ the high protein content, so he rotates between Natural Balance and Chicken Soup chicken formulas.

I now have a foster that has a terrible skin problem as a result of allergies and her skin is working overtime to try to heal. It is greasy and stinky!

I've been giving her a pump of Grizzly salmon oil and a half scoop of Nupro supplement and making a gravy with it. http://www.nuprosupplements.com/

In general, I'm looking for your input- do you use supplements, what do you use, and should I add more (possibly a probiotic?) Her skin is looking better everyday but I am so desperate to help this little girl.

Hi i would highly recommend pooch&mutt probiotics for them both www.poochandmutt.com i give it daily to ruby cos she has colitis flare ups & the difference has been great for her.As well as a proby it combines omega 3 in it to & as im reading the blurb on the pack for you it says *shiny coat* etc *healthy skin* etc. i hope that helps:)

50IU of Vitamin E would be good to add (but check the Nupro as it might already be in there).

Probiotics are a can't hurt, might help deal. You could try throwing in an acidophilus tab to see if it helps.

Back