Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frankie's ill

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear that Frankie isn't too well bless him.

Be careful with stock cubes as the can be quite high in salt which would be dehydrating for him at the moment.

Maybe make up your own with a couple of chicken wings, half a potato, small carrot and a stick of celery. Small handful of parsley if you have it {Fresh}

Cover with 4-5 cups of water, and boil for about 1/2 hour.

Strain and leave to stand overnight in the fridge. Scrape off the fat, and then gently heat a small amount.

Offer that - it's very nutritious and usually appeals to most dogs.

Another thing to ask your vet to check for is pancreas function - Pancreatitis is VERY common in Cavaliers, and can make them quite poorly.

Hope he will be much better soon.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god Frankie is feeling a bit better.
    he is going to make a quick recovery. Keep us updated.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, everyone! Frankie is back to his old self. The vet was pleased with him today. It was just a bad episode. I think I panicked a bit unnecessarily...Why is it that this little creature turns us all to "emotional wrecks" when he's unwell??

The vet found something interesting: apparently Frankie cannot open his mouth very wide. His muscles that should be working his jaws are underdeveloped and weak. He has always managed to eat well despite of it!! This could be the explanation for his coughing as he can't yawn normally nor clear his saliva properly. His coughing and spluttering clears his mouth and throat. We thought it might be to do with the heart but thankfully he has no heart murmur. So, this is the explanation for Frankie's disgusting habit...

Anyway, lots of love to all of you out there and your lovely cavaliers! Susanne & Frankie xx

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so relieved to hear Frankie is doing sooo much better. It's always so scary when a senior isn't feeling well. That's really interesting about his jaw. I'm just so tickled to hear that he's back to his old self. It doesn't take much to panic us, does it? And then when they are all better, what a huge relief!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Glad he is a little better, Harley has to take supplements and they are huge so i didnt think he would take them, however a knob of pate, peanut butter or even health olive spread works wonders, I even mix them up in yoghurt too. di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.