• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Zoomies??

SuzRN

Do dogs get the zoomies? My cats have always had the evening zoomies, laps around the house, the wall, over the furniture, over me.

I have been watching Chelsea and Vivi run laps around the house, this house has a large greatroom backed up to the kitchen with the nook and dining rooms at opposite ends of the kitchen, essentially one big loop that the dogs run through over carpet and wood. 4 and a half laps, half because Chelsea got tired of chasing Vivi waited for her to come around.

Need to sit with the camera to grab some pics.:snap:

Anyone else see this?

Do dogs get the zoomies?
Anyone else see this?

Our Sophie does it sometimes. Our ShihTzu who died in January did it often, also. We used to call it his 'wild spells.' He seemed to do laps back and forth through the house.

Always after a bath and sometimes in the evening if it's been too cold or rainy for walks.

My 3 outdid themselves yesterday with zoomies as they had their baths-I love it, it's so joyful and free. Freckles does the best ones as he leaps anything in the way such as my Golden :D. Other than baths they aren't on a "schedule" but do "activate" a few times a week :).

Yep, after a bath, Prince used to do it when he was a puppy, it was like something out of the matrix, he would run a figure of 8 lap, starting on the floor then on to the sofa and off again, it was hilarious!!!!

Oh yea, my two do the zoomies most evenings around 7 or 8pm. And they playfully bark and carry on together- usually with Zoey dragging Jato around by his ear! :eek: Little sisters can be soooo annoying. :rolleyes:
They make us laugh so much- our night time entertainment.

Mine do it too!! Always when they get out of the pool and then sometimes in the evening. I always worry when they crash into a wall that they are going to end up with brain damage or something! LOL!

Our golden used to do her zooms around dinnertime until she was about 1 year. Our Abigail, the cavalier, will do her zooms every so often in the house or out in the yard. I think it's when she has excess energy to work off.

Heather R

I love it. J does zoomies after a bath, a rainy walk or after a particular nice din dins for some reason :)

All my dogs have always done it, not necessarily for any reason, but just because they can! :D We've always called it a mad half-hour, though it usually only lasts 10 minutes.

Both my 2 have their zoomie moments, always after bathtime & then at very random times. Charlie got them tonight about half an hour after a long walk, obviousley the walk wasn't long enough for him!:p

Mika and Tiger the cat do it together! Every night right before bed. It cracks me up every time watching the dog and the cat chase around and around and around. And of course, Mika does it after baths as well.

So That's What It's Called

Every night before bedtime, my two cavaliers go bezerk. They run from one room to another, jump up on beds, and bark at each other. I can almost set the clock by them. :p

Back