• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fish Oil

patg

What kind and how much fish oil do you give your pups?? I have a 2 1/2 yr B&T male who weighs 23 lbs. Thanks, Pat

I buy boots 'essentials' (cheapy!) cod liver oil - it's a much lower dose than their 'normal' range & half the price!

I also give my two tinned sardines (in oil) & keep the pil from the tin to add to their meals where they have no oils.

Hi
Very similar to chloe except in the Uk its Kronch Salmon Oil one squirt over each meal.

Lipiderm gelcaps are the cheapest, easy to find (big box chain pet stores) , and easiest to give..
Our Sophie won't take them in any shape, form or fashion, so we give her NaturVet brand liquid on the food and she gobbles it up. http://www.petguys.com/-797801036120.html

Salmon-Oil.jpg

Hi
Very similar to chloe except in the Uk its Kronch Salmon Oil one squirt over each meal.

Grizzly salmon oil is available in the UK as well. Can't remember exactly where I last got it from, but there's a link to it from the agilitynet site. I'm not sure how the price compares with Kronch.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I was looking at the Grizzly Salmon oil so I might go that way. I appreciate your input.
Pat & Riley

can I just ask what the difference is for using salmon oil?

i give cold liver oil for joints & coat - whats the salmon oil for?

Sonia- They probably do the same thing. The Omega 3 in the oil is great for their skin, coat, and for organ (heart) health. Check your cod liver oil and see what it says.

The only thing is all our dogs have fish breath! But secretly I kinda like it. :eek:

I use Yumega oil for my two. I used to use pet tabs but heard and read so many good things about Yumega Oil I decided to give it a try. My two have only been on it for two weeks and I can already see a difference to thier coats.

I also use grizzly salmon oil for my two - they absolutely LOVE IT! :)

I give them each a squirt once a day.

Sonia
The salmon oil helps them swim better of course.:)

Ha ha ha !!! I ordered a bottle of the Kronch from ebay - it came this morning so will try that with Sparky as I want to improve his coat!

Sunflowerstar - I tried the yumega for a few months & to be honest I didnt see any improvement at all. I still have a whole bottle of it as I bought 3 coz of the postage!

Ha ha ha !!! I ordered a bottle of the Kronch from ebay - it came this morning so will try that with Sparky as I want to improve his coat!

Sunflowerstar - I tried the yumega for a few months & to be honest I didnt see any improvement at all. I still have a whole bottle of it as I bought 3 coz of the postage!

I am surprised to hear that Dublin. My Dotty's fur was so dull after her spay in December and Ziggy had a little dandruf so I decided to try it on them. Its made a huge difference to my two and we are only half way down our first bottle. Dots coat shines again now and Ziggy's dandruff has gone. I groom them everyday and not so much come off now.
Today I was asked what shampoo I use on them because thier coats are so shiny. Both have not been bathed since April.

Weird, but I guess every dog is differant! My kronch salmon oil arrived late last week so we're giving that a go now

Back