• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

'activate your brain' toys

renate

my girls are not best pleased with long walks or training in foul weather. they semm to hate rain.

so i asked a friend of mine to make me these 'toys' to activate my cavaliers indoors.

the 'stamp': kandis has to push the thing away from her in order to get the treat which comes out the other end

fx55cl.jpg

frida wonders how to get the treat of ouf the vertical tube

69gmzs.jpg

...and finds out how to pull the bars...

35l4wmr.jpg

sienna must turn the bottles to get the goodie out...

257k4tv.jpg

.. i could not resist putting in this one, as well:sienna enjoys fetching her dumbell in-and out of doors....
she is such a sweetheart:)

2lxvux5.jpg

Fantastic! Do you let them gradually figure the toys out, or do you do clicker work with them or some other training method to reward them bit by bit?

i let them work it out for themselves.
they are clicker trained since puppyhood, and do a lot of trailing, where they have to work independently. so they are used to working things out and finding solutions.

You officially have two of the smartest Cavaliers I've ever seen :) Those are so cool. I think it's wonderful that they are able to figure them out. Jake gets frustrated with puzzle toys, once the treats stop coming out he just beats them up. Shelby is my smarty pants, she's figured out to sit back, let Jake do all of the work, watch for the treats to fall out....and grab them before big brother even knows they've fallen out :D

That is just sooo neat!!!

Those are wonderful things for your dogs! Your dogs are very lucky to have an owner who doesn't underestimate their mental abilities. I think a lot of bad behavior comes from bored dogs (or bored humans for that matter). You've inspired me to give Holly more " brain stimulating" opportunities!

Back