• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Well Rex got fixed yesterday.

luvhavinbgtwins

It went well, ok how do you keep a pup from doing anything on the list of what they shouldnt be doing...

He is so hyper I swear more than normal...

I do the leash thing...but I take off or even if I dont cone or no cone there he goes...

Takes a while for all the hormones to settle down, its not instant, all that rageing though his body needs work it way out first. di

Takes a while for all the hormones to settle down, its not instant, all that rageing though his body needs work it way out first. di
The pup doesn't look more than 6 months old-- If he is that young all that energy is just being a puppy. He is 6 months 3 weeks old.

I was afraid that Ollie was never going to settle down. In fact, just a couple months ago I was actually considering rehoming him. (It was a really bad week).

Anyway, like magic, he settled! :rolleyes: It was like the puppy lightswitch suddenly turned off. Now, he listens and is still really fun and active, but not crazy like he was. He will be 2 YO in August.

Some Cavaliers just take a while to mature I think. He is really wonderful, and I would never have been able to forgive myself if I had found a new home for him. :(

I have one word of warning,make sure you keep him off or on the lead on wooden floors,i have heard of dogs slipping and their stiches coming un done.Keep him on his leash for a day or two.

Yep, had same prob w/Rudy. We got home, I set him down to take off my coat - he had acted drowsy and slept all the way home - and the little bugger went straight up the stairs, yelping all the way. We were lucky there wasn't a ripped stitch or two! I felt absolutely horrible. He has a special little spot upstairs in O/H's 'cave' that he felt secure in....it NEVER occurred to me he'd even try the stairs. So forewarned is forearmed!

Back