Thread: Leo for surgery AGAIN tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leo for surgery AGAIN tomorrow

Once again Leo's anal glands are blocked and after 3 weeks of antibiotics and the vet trying to express them they have decided to do it under anesthetic. They did this last November.
    I hate to see his little face when he doesnt have breakfast

Ive changed his food to Chappie to see if that helps...he loves it by the way. I usually give a dry food and so now he's on a soft one how often do you clean his teeth?

He's been really unhappy this week, not himself at all....giving little yelps every now again.......He seems a bit brighter today....I guess the Metacam pain killer they gave me has kicked in

Mel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi mel
    So sorry to hear Leo has to undergo this op again I am sure like last time he will be OK ,it is surprising how many people feed Chappie it seems to be a very popular food that contains all the necessary nutrients .With regard to his teeth I have posted often regarding my nightly routine with my three girls which involves using six different items from toothpaste ,logic gel ,logic chew ,another gel then a spray and finally a tablet and a good nightly 40 minutes to do all three .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Chappy is full of fiber and really make a nice solid poo which should help. You should clean his teeth daily. I hope he'll be ok soon. Big cuddles from Dylan to his little bro.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for today meljoy & Leo, i hope its over quickly for you both,take care
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Any news Mel? I hope everything is ok
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

All went well with Leo yesterday. The vet said his glands weren't as bad as they first thought which is good. I collected him yesterday evening and despite the advice sheet they gave me telling me how sleepy he would be; he bounded out of the surgery and ran around the garden when we got in !

He seems great today, although Ive had to bath him as what ever they washed his glands out with has oozed out and was all over his back end

Im glad he seems himself again and thanks for asking.

Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Glad Leo is feeling better now
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'