• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Leo for surgery AGAIN tomorrow

meljoy

Once again Leo's anal glands are blocked and after 3 weeks of antibiotics and the vet trying to express them they have decided to do it under anesthetic. They did this last November.
I hate to see his little face when he doesnt have breakfast:(

Ive changed his food to Chappie to see if that helps...he loves it by the way. I usually give a dry food and so now he's on a soft one how often do you clean his teeth?

He's been really unhappy this week, not himself at all....giving little yelps every now again.......He seems a bit brighter today....I guess the Metacam pain killer they gave me has kicked in:D

Mel

Hi mel
So sorry to hear Leo has to undergo this op again I am sure like last time he will be OK ,it is surprising how many people feed Chappie it seems to be a very popular food that contains all the necessary nutrients .With regard to his teeth I have posted often regarding my nightly routine with my three girls which involves using six different items from toothpaste ,logic gel ,logic chew ,another gel then a spray and finally a tablet and a good nightly 40 minutes to do all three .:)

Chappy is full of fiber and really make a nice solid poo which should help. You should clean his teeth daily. I hope he'll be ok soon. Big cuddles from Dylan to his little bro.

Good luck for today meljoy & Leo, i hope its over quickly for you both,take care:hug:

Hi,

All went well with Leo yesterday. The vet said his glands weren't as bad as they first thought which is good. I collected him yesterday evening and despite the advice sheet they gave me telling me how sleepy he would be; he bounded out of the surgery and ran around the garden when we got in !:sl*p:

He seems great today, although Ive had to bath him as what ever they washed his glands out with has oozed out and was all over his back end:eek:

Im glad he seems himself again and thanks for asking.

Mel

Back