Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my beautiful boys

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy my beautiful boys

Hello every one i lost the last one of my beautiful furbabies on 13/3/09. his name was billy. I lost his brother ben on 2/16/2008 it felt liked my heart had been ripped out.I lost them too mvd at such a young age 9 and 10 years of age . After my husband and i parted they were my soulmates they were before but so much more after.They k new when i was sad and they were there for me its so hard to carry on without them i loved them so much.Cavaliers are the most loving dogs u can have maybe im not being nice to the other breeds but they were my breed of dog.They were so funny as babies we loved them so much. I've had cavaliers since 1980 so i would like everyone to remember Charlie, Chas a rescue baby , Buster, Ben + Billy who were brothers all waiting for me at rainbow bridge.To be honest i can't stop crying i miss them so much it really hurts and i'm telling this to strangers please forgive me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you lost your 2 boys so close together, that must have been so hard. Cavaliers are wonderful, comforting little dogs, so hopefully you will be able to get another one someday, when you're ready ...
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi pat

I do feel so sorry for you and do understand your heartfelt grief and loss pls keep your good memories warm and close to your heart and let time do the healing ,the path will be slow and arduous but you will reach the light at the other end ,pls take every day as it deserves and try try to think of all those thousands of happy times that passed so quick through your fingers and maybe sometime in the near future you will again open your heart to another little puppy that so suits you .

Warmest Wishes
    brian
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Pat I hope one day you will let another little Cavalier into you life. You obviously are a very loving mum. It's early days and I hope time heals the pain soon.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

i'm telling this to strangers please forgive me.
    We're really not strangers....we're all lovers of our dogs so need to apologize. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm hoping that when you are ready you will find another furbaby to help heal your heart.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Pat,
    I am so sorry for your losses. Many here can totally relate to your feelings and the depth of your pain and our hearts go out to you. Allow yourself to grieve for your irreplaceable babies and to hopefully one day find love again in another cavalier's eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read of the loss of your beloved cavaliers, there is no need to apologise for your feelings, we all love our dogs dearly and I am sure in time you will feel able to welcome another cavalier into your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Default my much loved babies

Thank you all very much for your support. I will always treasure the memories i have of all my babies no one will ever know what they meant to me i miss them running with tails wagging when i come through the door and comforting me when i'm sad because they always new.They gave me unconditional love.Yes i might be able to let another one into my heart but at 59 if i went before him i would worry if he went to someone that would look after him like i did not every one loves the babies like i do we will see. Thank you all once again

Post Thanks / Like

at 59 if i went before him i would worry if he went to someone that would look after him like i did

I am 58 and have a four year old Cavalier and two Clumber Spaniels who are almost five years old and almost seven months. I do wonder if my Katy (the Clumber who is seven months) will be my last puppy , but I am certain she will not be my last dog . I hope at 58 that I have many years to live and many years to love and be loved by my dogs. That said I have thought about what will happen to them if I should die first and I have planned for that event. Although I know that in some ways no one will love my dogs like I do, I trust that all of them will be well cared for and loved.

My advice is to live for today, plan for tomorrow and when your heart is ready get another Cavalier whether a puppy or an adult who is in rescue or needs to be re-homed for some reason. I think that is what Billy, Ben, Buster, Charlie and Chas would want you to do. And maybe to be just a little different you should try a girl next time!

And Cathy is right, we are not strangers -- we are united by and know each other because of our love for our dogs.
    Last edited by ppotterfield; 14th May 2009 at 10:05 PM.
    Phyllis in West Virginia USA with two Clumbers and a Cavalier Named Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I must agree with ppotterfield, 59 is no age and you should live for now. I have a friend who has always had cavaliers over the years and she took on a rescue cavalier in her sixties, although she is now early seventies she has said he will be her last dog, so she want`s to share mine.