Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any recommendations on petsitters in Dallas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any recommendations on petsitters in Dallas?

I've got a family vacation planned for late September to Disney World and need to find someone to take care of Amber for the week. I was wondering if any of the board members that live around Dallas, TX have recommendations on people that take care of dogs in their home. I'll use a kennel as a last resort, but would prefer for her to stay in someone's home while we're away.
    Thanks!
    Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - I don't live in Texas, but I found an amazing pet-sitter to come stay in my home through my vet. I have to preface this by saying that I like my vet and trust them and I adore the techs and the office staff. They have been there for years. So I trusted their opinion. I had the person come over to take my dogs for walks first to get them used to her and she has worked out like a charm. I alternate between her and a friend of mine who does in-home boarding.

Another idea is to look in the advertising section of Tails (http://www.tailsinc.com/). I like the magazine and they always seem to have pet-home-sitters listed. Just a thought. If you go to the home page, they will ask for your location. I didn't check to see if it was distributed in Dallas though. Good luck.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you live in Dallas? I live in Plano and use a petsitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in The Colony... Plano's not too far away.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked out tailsinc.com but they don't cover Dallas. I didn't think about asking the vet, though.... that's some good advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again. I just called my petsitter service, and she doesn't go to The Colony. However, she did recommend asking your vet. She said many times someone in the office may do petsitting on the side or they may know someone who does....good luck. I really like leaving my dogs in their own home.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for asking! The only places I've been able to find so far are charging $25 per day and have her in a kennel most of the time.
    Can you imagine?! That sounds more like doggie prison, to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have you tried here? http://www.petsit.com/
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

I would check with your vet, I know several of the front desk people at my vet pet sit.

Otherwise, I leave my babies at Barking Hound Village (www.barkinghoundvillage.com) and they love it. They just moved to a new location and they let the dogs play (supervised) throughout the day. I really trust and enjoy the people there.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked at petsit.com (great resource!) and found a few numbers to call.

Also got in touch today with a woman in my hometown who keeps dogs in her home. She sounds like exactly what we're looking for, except she charges $25 per day! I think I need to change professions...