Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Worse

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Like others have said, Gabapentin is probably the way to go. It's a well tolerated drug and works wonders. Hope you hear back from Claire soon. Keep us posted.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Truly heart breaking, I love her more than anything in the world and wish I could take it away!!
    I don't know how many times I have wished this for our beautiful little girl too, I too feel the same.
    Clare is also our neurologist. We recently added cimetidine to her other meds and we have seen quite an improvement.

Hopefully, you will hear back from Clare soon.
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will definatly let you know what she says and thank you all for you kindness and support!!!

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to let you know that I am praying hard for little Ruby and all the other fur babies who are affected by this accursed SM.

I hope Clare can prescribe something to alleviate the discomfort for Ruby.

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have taken Nickis advice as I didnt realise that Metacam needed time to build up in the system to have effect so I have been giving her the dose recommended every day while we wait to hear from Clare.
    Hopefully i may see a difference in the next few days.

Thankyou again for all of your prayers and wishesxx

Karen and Ruby xx

Post Thanks / Like

Karen- Did you ever hear back from Clare?
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

Not yet no, she is normally very quick with getting back to me so I may mail her again.
    Ruby has been on the Metacam on a more frequent basis over the last four days and she seems a little bit better what is concerning me more at the momment is her behaviour- she is becoming more and more anxious and skittish lately and the only thing I can put it down to is that she is picking up on my energy. I am sooo worried for her and I am constantly wondering if she is ok all the time. I think it is making her worse but I just cant stop feeling this way. She got bitten by a dog a few days back and its just because she thinks so low of herself that she is easy pickings.
    I know that 'what will be will be' but I love her sooo much that I cant help still feeling very upset about it. I dont think I will ever come to terms with this...

Post Thanks / Like

im so sorry youre going thro this, we all know exactly how you feel She is lucky to have you taking such good care of her & if she could im sure your Ruby would thank you.You may feel youll not come to terms with it but you will cope,one day at a time Probably like everyone else my days are good or bad depending on how my Ruby is.
    I hope you get a reply from Clare soon, good luck
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have heard back from Clare at last and she has written as follows:

[content deleted by admin: because this was private correspondence and you'd need permission from the sender to post it :thmbsup]

So there we are going to book an appoitment for tuesday and hopefully get started on the new meds suggested![/COLOR]

Karen and Ruby xxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's great news; let us know how you get on. I hope the new mix of medications will be helpful.

I removed the content of Clare Rusbridge's message as it was specifically directed to you and really Clare's permission would be needed to post the entire contents.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com