Thread: Smelly Face

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smelly Face

Hi..I have a 7 month old female,I have noticed she has a smell on her face like musty damp rag..Does anyone have any idea what this could be..its not her ears its more in the mouth area...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is probably the damp from her eyes, in which a yeasty growth can occur. Try gently wiping the area with a soft bit of cotton wool and water or you can buy eye cleaner. This is common in breeds like cavaliers and more common in puppies. Often it disappears in adults. Be sure to wipe away from the eyes themselves and never touch the eye. You can ask your vet about this too. Many people use special products like Eye Envy for cleaning eyes.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a package of baby washcloths, and use a clean one dipped in warm water each morning to clean their eye area. When I'm done, they get a kiss on the nose- they actually look forward to it (I think ) each day.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo View Post
    Hi..I have a 7 month old female,I have noticed she has a smell on her face like musty damp rag..Does anyone have any idea what this could be..its not her ears its more in the mouth area...Thanks
    I am glad you brought this up. I have always wondered about my Ebony, she has a funny smell when I clean her eyes but my other two are ok.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Archie is smelly all round,his breath is not good either.