• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Smelly Face

Gallo

Hi..I have a 7 month old female,I have noticed she has a smell on her face like musty damp rag..Does anyone have any idea what this could be..its not her ears its more in the mouth area...Thanks:?

It is probably the damp from her eyes, in which a yeasty growth can occur. Try gently wiping the area with a soft bit of cotton wool and water or you can buy eye cleaner. This is common in breeds like cavaliers and more common in puppies. Often it disappears in adults. Be sure to wipe away from the eyes themselves and never touch the eye. You can ask your vet about this too. Many people use special products like Eye Envy for cleaning eyes.

I bought a package of baby washcloths, and use a clean one dipped in warm water each morning to clean their eye area. When I'm done, they get a kiss on the nose- they actually look forward to it (I think ;)) each day.

Hi..I have a 7 month old female,I have noticed she has a smell on her face like musty damp rag..Does anyone have any idea what this could be..its not her ears its more in the mouth area...Thanks:?

I am glad you brought this up. I have always wondered about my Ebony, she has a funny smell when I clean her eyes but my other two are ok.

Back