• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

fly catching syndrome

Penny

Does anyone have any info on this disorder, I know it can be related to SM. One of my cavaliers has these symptoms: some months ago he began to flip around to bite his back. He also on occasion would chew on his back feet. I believed it to be allergies but both things were very infrequent. this week he had an episode where he paced the house, fliping to bite his back for 15 min. We took him to the vet and he was given a steriod injection thinking it was allergies. It did not help him and that day and ever since he continues to try to bite his back. He has also begun to continue to look around as if he is seeing things. He'll jump out of his bed and stare at the wall. He's worse ouside obsessing over the fence where he saw a real fly. He seems to find refuge in his crate where he is calm. Although he always liked his crate, he has spent a lot more time in his crate lately. Then again I just had knee surgery and he didn't get much play or exercise time, so I just figured he was hanging out with me, but now I wonder if he is really more lethargic. When he is out for walks or playing tug he acts completely normal. We are being refered to a neurologist by our vet as he agrees it may be neurological.

Back