• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is there anything i can do to help her keep cool

Ciren

she just seems to be constantly panting, which yes i know is how they keep cool but i get the feeling its getting to her a bit.

don't ask me how its just a feeling.

Did you call the vet to ask about the panting? Maybe just to make sure it's just the heat and nothing else?

I've seen blankets sold that are supposed to keep dogs cool, such as this one:
http://www.inthecompanyofdogs.com/itemdy00.asp?TKW=DG38&GEN1=Best%20Sellers&SKW=DGHOME&I2.x=15&I2.y=12&T1=D15117+AQ&PageNo=1&pos=1&ref=feat
moz-screenshot.jpg

i don't know much about them... maybe someone else on the board has used them. Are they safe? Do they work? That sort of thing....

Does she pant when its cool or just when it's hot? Fans can really help at her level when the air is warm. Here the high humidity makes everyone suffer when the temperature goes up and my 2 almost 9 yr olds can take very little. My golden started panting at night-temperature was good-and being restless. I bought her a memory foam bed and the panting and restlessness stopped-wish they could just tell you why they're not comfortable. I'd try the fans and ,if that doesn't reduce the panting, I'd get a Vet check to make sure she isn't hurting. :xfngr: that the fans will ease her.

i think it was just the heat, she only started doing it when it got hot and she is now happily conked out next to me.

i'll think i will keep a eye out tho and if it happens again it's off to the vets.

I have an elec fan for Sparky & he loves it - I also make yoghurt ice cubes for them & they LOVE them (just natural yoghurt frozen in ice cube trays)

Back