• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need advice on pet strollers.

*Pauline*

I would like to get Dylan a pet stroller for days when will be out all day. I have seen some pet strollers on Ebay which are nice and affordable. Do you think the 3 wheeled, all terrain strollers are better than 4 wheels?

I have the 4 wheel type Pauline & find it great,ive had it about a month & so far ive only had difficulty with it on soft sand at the beach otherwise been good on grass,cobbles etc. Ruby loves it & jumps up at it to get in when shes ready:)
Id looked at the pet london one approx £130 from topdog then someone gave us ours which i think was from PAH, i may at some point invest in the better one tho theres nothing wrong with the one we have.
the only problem i find is peoples ignorant comments, a few "aww look" but mostly tuts & nasty looks, one girl shouted after me "doesnt that go against everything a dog stands for" & yesterday a man shouted " dont you want a real baby":mad: why oh why do people feel they can jump in & judge:(

I got mine of ebay - it was the AT3 or whatever you call it. As a stroller it's fantastic, and it large enough to take two cavaliers easily - in fact, I'd go as far as to say it could take all three of ours easily with a little room to spare. They squash up so! On the down side, the net/holed canvas stuff is not impervious to determined clawing and biting. I've had to find ways to - er - reinforce mine, shall we say. But otherwise it's brilliant - I even had one mother looking at it enviously as I collapsed it and she said she wished her baby buggy went up and down as easily! It cost me about £90 altogether including shipping from the States.

I got mine of ebay - it was the AT3 or whatever you call it. As a stroller it's fantastic, and it large enough to take two cavaliers easily - in fact, I'd go as far as to say it could take all three of ours easily with a little room to spare. They squash up so! On the down side, the net/holed canvas stuff is not impervious to determined clawing and biting. I've had to find ways to - er - reinforce mine, shall we say. But otherwise it's brilliant - I even had one mother looking at it enviously as I collapsed it and she said she wished her baby buggy went up and down as easily! It cost me about £90 altogether including shipping from the States.

Have you had any nasty comments too? I see that one is the 3 wheeled one. I was once told (for a child's buggy) that when you go up a curb, as only one wheel is on the pavement while you lift the back, they can wobble. Is that your experience?

We got both the 3 wheeled AT3 and now a 4 wheeled Jeep for Julie.

Julie lives with my sister and my sister really prefers the Jeep - it's lighter and easier to get around, especially if you have to put it in the car. The AT3 doesn't fit in my trunk, but I have a small car.

There is a weight factor to consider as well ... if you think Dylan may be getting a brother or sister in the future, you might want to opt for the AT3 as I think it holds 60 lbs. The Jeep 4-wheel that w have only holds 30.

Lynn hasn't had any trouble getting around with the Jeep.

Thanks Lani, weight is a factor as I'm not that strong to lift it. I intend to leave it in my friends car when we go for days out then can get it out if Dylan has had enough. Dylan is only 7kg so I think a stroller that only takes 30kg should be enough.

I have a four wheel stroller and I liked this one as it has a metal bar round the front and a lead inside to clip the harness on.

The only things I don't like about it is the plastic wheels and the fact that SianE likes to walk part of the time and trying to push an empty buggy with one had and control her with the other hand is not easy.

IMAG0009B.jpg
IMAG0011B.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEU-Hundebuggy-Pet-Stroller-Hundewagen-Katzenwagen_W0QQitemZ200203953946QQcmdZViewItemQQptZde_haus_garten_tierbedarf_hunde?hash=item2e9d15e71a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1686|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

On ebay select europe wide and your get more buggys come up as well.

Davy, thanks for taking the time to take pictures. This one I saw on ebay is cheaper, what do you think? Yours looks more sturdy, is it heavy and is it easy to put down?

Last edited:
do you have a pets at home near you Pauline? they do a nice blue or pink stoller we got one ages ago as Heidi had problems with her legs for a while if you go on their website and type "pet stroller" in the search box it brings them up priced at £39.00,

Gem that's brilliant. It's so cheap and it's got that bar at the front Davy likes too. How easy is it to fold down? Any chance of it being done one handed?

Oh, just looked at the reviews and one person said it is so light it blew over, before her pet was in it and two people said the brakes snapped off. Back to the drawing board.

I'd probably have gone for this if it had been available when I was looking but of course I was looking for something that could take two dogs! My stroller takes up to 15 kg if I remember rightly which is grand - Holly and Amber together weigh less than 12 kg and Alanna's another 3, so we just about fit.

I've had some startled looks, but mostly people go 'awwww' and I've had other owners of small dogs ask about where I got it and so on. No negative responses here. In fairness though I've mainly used it for the train where the dogs are supposed to be crated/confined, and it's easier for me to 'stroll' them than it is to carry a crate.

I do live in a small town full of small minded people;)
I like the look of the one youve chosen,good colour too-ours is lurid candyfloss pink so perhaps a bit eye catching! (dont forget i had it given)(very kindly!)

I do take Dylan into a lot of shops, I usually ask if it's ok if I carry him but I can't hold him for long. I really enjoy taking him to one of the garden centers as he sits on the top tier of the trolly and everyone loves seeing him.

Oh that must look so sweet Pauline Dylan sitting in the trolley, we used to take Jasper into quite a few shops when he was a puppy, but not very much now, I think some shops are OK with it if you at least ask, but I always worry if he is not picked up he will cock his leg up, shopping malls we find a problem especially if we go away and park is the multi storey attached to the mall, enjoy the stroller when you get it.

Dylan did cock his leg once I didn't notice and when I came passed again, it was an indoor market, the owner of the stall stopped me and showed me a suitcase with a sprinkle on it icon_blshing I told him I was very sorry and that the next day I would come back with some Simple Solution and spray it for him. He was very nice about it. Well I decided it couldn't wait till the next day as he had been so nice, he could have asked me to pay for the suitcase. I went straight home and returned with the spray. He was so impressed, he patted me on the back and said he liked my attitude :D

Aw bless Dylan little monkey!:)That was great that you went straight back Pauline good on ya.I once had a small child take a piddle on my shop floor & the mum didnt even offer to clean up!
Do you think you will take Dylan to tesco etc in it? i havnt yet as dont know if itd be allowed. I hope it makes life a lot easier for you & Dylan as it has for Rubes & i :)

I had the pets at home one & the breaks snapped too.
a lot of the cheaper ones on ebay are the same as PAH but with an inflated price so watch for that

I would be interested to know what shops you will be able to go in Pauline, I often think you are classed as a second class citizen if you have a dog, it`s just the few dog owners that let us all down, your attitude was great Pauline better than the humans judging by your post tupup.:)

Back