Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harley been bitten

Post Thanks / Like

Just bathed it pauline, and put some arnica gel on the bruising, you couldnt see any of that earlier because of his coat, just a small hole, i really glad i took him now. No stiches Pauline, they think he was lucky, depends if it get pus inside it, then he will need an operation to cut it all out. Got to go back for another check up next week unless he is gets worse, then ive to take him back sooner. Im glad i took your advice and didnt leave it. di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

Di, I'm so sorry that you and Harley have had that experience. Glad you took Harley to the vet, just to be on the safe side.
    I hope Harley's wound heals quickly.
    Sending gentle hugs to you both.
    Take care and please let us know how Harley is doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor little Harley that looks very painful & how awful for you both
    i hope he heals up real soon with no lasting damage to his confidence. It must have shaken you up too Di, so i hope you are ok
    I would be tempted to have a copy of that picture plus vets bill on me until i bumped into the labs owners, otherwise they could (wrongly) think it was nothing much
    Take care & plse update us
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Harley, I hope he gets better soon. The bite looks terrible. I've heard so many stories about labs attacking other dogs. My hairdresser's cav was attacked by 2 labs and he's lost a lot of his confidence now. They are not the quiet friendly breed you would think they are and the dog trainer at the school says they attack more often than GS's. If I were you I would try to find the owners and give them a copy of the bill and tell them you are going to report the incident to the police because you fear it could be a child next. If my dog attacked another dog, it would pay for the vets bill. There's too many people out there who don't care what there dogs do and they've no control over their dogs.
    I'm angry

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sickened to read about poor Harley but TG he's OK. The Arnica Gel is meant to work wonders. Might be worthwhile putting some Bach rescue remedy drops in Harley's water dish as well.

Please give him a gentle hug from me and 's to you too, you must have gotten quite a fright.
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Harley is feeling ok, have had a couple of scares with dogs having to grab Chelsea up but nothing happened. We visited a friend who had a chocolate lab pup (about 10months) who was so excited, bouncy and in Chelsea face that twice she bascially put him in his place by reaching up with both paws grabbing his muzzel and griping with her teeth. Did not faze the dog at all.

She has another playmate, a older black lab who she gets along well with so long lasting trauma there.

Give lots of love a kisses.
    Suzanne mom to Chelsea(ruby girl), Vivian (tri girl),Kara(rescue kitty), Tyson and Candy(Tonk kittys at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tupup View Post
    Oh poor little Harley that looks very painful & how awful for you both
    i hope he heals up real soon with no lasting damage to his confidence. It must have shaken you up too Di, so i hope you are ok
    I would be tempted to have a copy of that picture plus vets bill on me until i bumped into the labs owners, otherwise they could (wrongly) think it was nothing much
    Take care & plse update us

Thats a good idea, i certainly will, i was hoping to bump into them today, but i think they are prob giving us a very wide birth, just wish i knew where they lived, im warning other dog walkers as well. di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Harley, that looks awful!

I hope he heals up soon.

Some people just don't care about what there dogs do. What did the owners say?
    Crazy for my Cavalier!

Post Thanks / Like

well the man who had the dog on the lead said "right thats it, and dragged the dog away, the woman who was with them apologised and said she hoped harley was ok. di

Post Thanks / Like

Just reading this now.
    Sorry to hear about poor Harley. Hope he is ok and won’t need anymore treatment.
    Bad attitude from the owners. If you would know there address you probably could take them to the small claims court.
    Sending to you and Harley.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "