• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella's Surgery today!

mellie

Please keep Bella in your prayers today. She is having surgery on her knees. (Luxating Patella's-bilateral) I always get nervous when my babies have anesthesia, as there is always a risk. I am also not looking forward to her post operative pain! Although, I know they will give her pain meds, its still hard to see her like that. I know it will be worth it in the end. She will finally be able to walk , jump and run like a normal dog should! :xfngr:
I get to pick her up tomorrow morning! They keep them overnight for better pain management and to observe them post anesthesia. I will post after I hear from the surgeon once the surgery is over. Thanks for your prayers!:)

I understand your worry. I also have a real fear of anesthesia. I'm sure she will be fine though.

Good News! Bella did well in surgery. She is still quite out of it from the pain medication they are keeping her on. We will get to see her in morning and bring her home!. It will be a shocker to see her shaved from the waist down. Only her tail will be left with hair! I hope her hair grows back a beautiful as it was before. Her feathering was really coming in great! I will post again after I get her home and see how she is doing. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers!!!:flwr:

Hi ,
Hope Bella is doing well post op. I guess by now she is home with you where she will begin her recovery. Riely and I send hugs and belly rubs to Bella. Riley had his right knee done in Jan '09. I am sure she will do well and get back to being a dog.:smile::smile:
Pat & Riley male 2 1/2 male B&T New Jersey

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! Bella is home,and doing well. She can actually walk a few steps without falling over now! I support her with a towel under her belly, as the vet suggested. She has a pain patch on, and is on an anti-inflammatory medicine. Last night was rough! Not much sleep, she just cried most of the night.:slp: Today has been much better. I bought an Xpen for her to stay in during the day. I knew she wouldn't tolerate the crate for two full weeks! Its weird to see her legs straight and with out hair! :eek: I got used to her being bow legged! Poor girl!
I am so glad we did the surgery now,and not when she was older. Recovery is hard, and even harder on an older dog! I will post some pics I took of her in her Xpen with her princess blanket! She is such a trooper! I love my girl!:lotsaluv: Thanks again for your support! I love it here!

So glad everything went ok.
It’s always nice to have them back home with you again.

Thought I would post some pics of Bella in her Xpen Condo! She seems to like it. I hope so... since she will be in it for two weeks! :rolleyes:
3713814489_f85f39a6a7.jpg

3713813045_11e90221f0.jpg

Notice her shaved bum!
3713816229_3baedc3410.jpg

I love Bella's condo. She certainly is a princess. Her hair will grow back fast and you will never know she was once shaved. Riley thinks he should have a condo now since he is the "King" in our house.:paw: Wishing Bella a pain free speedy recovery.:)
Pat & Riley

Sorry I missed this. Glad everything went well. Sending love and hugs for a speedy recovery for Princess Bella :hug::lotsaluv:

Thanks for the well wishes! Bella is doing pretty good. Still some sleepless nights, but overall doing great! I am a little worried she won't want to get back in her regular crate once she spends her two weeks in the "condo" !!!:rolleyes:
She is able to support herself now when she walks! Its so noticeable now how badly bow-legged she was! Her legs are so straight!!!:shock:
I really appreciate everyone! Thank you all!:hug: Oh Pat... I think Riley needs a condo! :badgrin:

I knew I never should have shown Riley a picture of Bella's "condo". I wouldn't blame her for not wanting to go back in her crate after thay. I'm so glad to hear she is doing well. :w**h**: Can't tell you how much I loved those pictures.:wggle:
Pat & Riley New Jersey

Back