• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wonky eye

Janice

Reuben has one of his eyes that looks more outward compared to the other... it's his left one.

the vet said he may grow out of it. i have noticed other cavs in photos with the same, and even some with it in BOTH eyes. Is it a common thing. Its like he has more white on the bit near his nose in that eye.

then i noticed the other eye which is straight had rather bloodshot whites, and the vet said that was fine too.

its still bloodshot after a month or two.

its there anything that can be done with the odd one (vet said it can be lazy like a childs and i THINK she said if he is neutered he can have it done at the same time... would it be worth it and would it work?)

The walleye look tends to be an illusion cast when a cavalier shows "white of eye". You notice it a lot if one eye is properly colored (the blood shot look) and the other is NOT properly colored.
My Nicholas shows white of eye in both eyes-- he has been CERF'd and his eyes are fine.
http://www.woodhavencavaliers.com/Nick.html

Hi Janice,
Usually we like to post the most flattering pictures of our cavaliers,but in this instance I can't resist posting this one of Daisy as a puppy,showing the "Evil eye". Her eyes are very healthy according to the vet.

3708239138_08c8e99ae8.jpg

Incidentally Sandy,she shares a set of grandparents with Nicholas. (Nothing to do with the Evil eye:-D)

Sins

thanks for your help... i dont think it sounds anything i should be worried about. :jmp:

Hi Janice,
Usually we like to post the most flattering pictures of our cavaliers,but in this instance I can't resist posting this one of Daisy as a puppy,showing the "Evil eye". Her eyes are very healthy according to the vet.

3708239138_08c8e99ae8.jpg

Incidentally Sandy,she shares a set of grandparents with Nicholas. (Nothing to do with the Evil eye:-D)

Sins

Cousins-- how cool.... Nicholas has always been my poster boy for male cavaliers. Many people WANT females, until they spend an hour with my Nicky. I can't believe he is over 8 already.

Poppy has a wonky eye, which when we first got her we raised with the vet who checked her & said everything was fine.

when we first brought her home & she was very nervous we did notice it more, whether we have just got used to it or it has eased as she has settled im not really sure, but the vet gave her the all clear so i dont mind!

Back