• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Show dogs left in hot cars

HollyDolly

With all the bad publicity show/breeders have been getting you would think the last thing they would want is more bad publicity. Well you would be wrong. Headline new in this weeks Dog World:-

"Zero Tolerance at Windsor Championshp Show"

Judging had to be stopped in several rings at Windsor show as announcements over the tannoy were being IGNORED re dogs left in cars.
The temperature reached 30C outside so one can only imagine the temperature inside the cars:eek:

Should these exhibitors be banned from ever showing a dog again? well I for one think yes. Surely the time has come for the Kennel Club/RSPCA to show their authority when it comes to this act of cruelty:mad:

Nanette

More to the point you would have thought those 2 police dogs who died in the car recently would have been a stark reminder to every dog owner how dangerous it can be to leave your dog in a car.:(

I must admit, I'm not one for leaving either of mine, except at training, which is in the evening, and if it's a scorcher then OH looks after Maddie while I'm training Pippin and then I look after Pippin while he's training Maddie. Some of the other owners have 2 dogs in different classes, and because either OH or I are free we have all the car keys and keep a close eye on everyone's dogs if they're in the cars.

I guess some show people have more than 1 dog, in different classes, and no family member to help. But surely they could work together with friends to avoid leaving dogs unattended in cars?

I guess some show people have more than 1 dog, in different classes, and no family member to help. But surely they could work together with friends to avoid leaving dogs unattended in cars?

I'm no expert, but I've been to a couple shows. Every show I've been too people had their dogs in crates either in the hallway of the hotel where the show was or in their rooms if they were not showing.

Maybe it's easier because Cavaliers are small dogs? I still find it disturbing and senseless as well.

Leaving dogs unattended in cars at external temperatures of 30 deg C is madness,especially if hospitality tents were available.I would agree with the zero tolerance policy of the organisers, particularly if provision had been made for keeping dogs comfortable in a separate area.

Sins

Lani - these are outside shows so there is no availability to have dogs inside a building.

Pat

but nobody has to aprk their dogs in the car just because the show in outside....

I participate in a lot of outdoors shows, and my dogs do not sit in the hot car.
i have a well ventilated tent and a large canvas box for the dogs to relax in. this works fine.

Back