Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News: cavalier nearly dies eating a g-string

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default News: cavalier nearly dies eating a g-string

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...91-662,00.html

Only amusing after the fact, as the owner notes, since her dog survived! But a reminder of how dangerous a pair of underwear, string, ribbon, socks etc can be -- anything like this can wind around the intestines.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ok now I will tell my story. A couple years ago we were gone but my son, daughter-in-law and grandson had come over here to spend the day in the pool etc. Well, my son came in the house from outside and our shih tzu was halfway choking and my son literally put his hand down his throat and pulled out my daughter-in-laws thongs. Now I must say my shih tzu has this thing about underwear. He loves them--lol. I'm just stating facts folks--lol. My daughter-in-law had just thrown her thongs on the bathroom floor when she put on her bathing suit and Winston was in heaven. lol. Not funny and thank goodness my son decided to come in the house for something.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Our Golden Retriever had an underwear and dirty sock fetish when he was young. We had to watch him like a hawk and still I would come across crotchless underwear from time to time. Max has a treasure stash under our bed - if he happens upon a sock he runs there with it thinking we can't see him. I think if left to his own devices he would chew/eat them. After having our Golden for nearly 12 years we find that we are pretty good at Maxproofing. Somedays he seems the reincarnation of Zeus but he is shorter so we don't have to worry about the counters - only the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

hehe, harley loves thongs - gets them out of the washing basket, he is always appearing with them, di
    What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sparky loves socks. But he only steals balled up pairs and he must thing they are some sort of stuffed squeaky toy or something. He'll grab them and then go and run to hide since he knows I'll take them from him. He's so silly I ALWAYS know when he has found a pair of dirty socks! Then I squeek a toy, throw it and he drops the socks. Silly boy!!!

He and Lucky both love underwear too but I am extremely diligent about keeping those in the laundry basket at all times.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had a cavalier who wandered down the stairs with a bra in her mouth just as I answered the door to the local vicar.

I can also remember standing with the washing machine repair man puzzling over the identity of a scrap of red lacy material that had gummed up the works of my machine.
    I suddenly realised it was my daughter's saucy thong

Margaret C

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lucy collects bras, and especially, dirty socks but doesn't eat them -- she just likes carrying them around.

Lily on the other hand came downstairs on the evening of a Big Date bringing a small pink packet which she proceeded to shred and out of the corner of my eye I noticed, and realised she'd taken a pantyliner from the box. I nonchalantly stooped down and palmed it then took it to the trash while chatting away as if nothing embarrassing had happened...

Any dog that actually chews on thongs though -- I'd make sure that cannot happen. As with the dog in this article, I've heard of others who've nearly died from eating these as they are long and thin and extremely dangerous.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had a cavalier a few years ago and one night I thought he had swallowed a small piece of plastic, not sure just thought! I rang the vet a home and he laughed at me! He told me earlier that week he'd had a labrador in who had eaten a whole t-shirt and had to have it surgically removed from its stomach Turned out that he probably didnt swallow it but vet said to give him a small amount of cooking oil to drink (eewww) to lubricate his insides just in case.

Prince has such a thing for chewing on knickers he has been permanently banned from my bedroom! Dont worry though, after 2 (human) babies my g-string wearing days are a thing of the past.
    Siobhan
    Belle (Tri-F) Rosie (Ruby-F) Bismarck (Blenheim-M)
    Prince (At the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Lily on the other hand came downstairs on the evening of a Big Date bringing a small pink packet which she proceeded to shred and out of the corner of my eye I noticed, and realised she'd taken a pantyliner from the box. I nonchalantly stooped down and palmed it then took it to the trash while chatting away as if nothing embarrassing had happened...

In one rescue place I worked at the house dog was a rescued beagle & she used to empty our bags for tampax or cigarettes (not mine for the cigarettes!!)

SParky quite often sneaks into the bathroom while im in the shower & takes my knickers down to Mark or sits on the rug & licks them - till we notice what he's doing!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, that was such a funny article, thanks for posting it... I e-mailed it to my husband, he'll get a kick out of it. Alice has tried to eat all kinds of things, my daughter's underwear and my husbands socks. She mostly just wants to play with them. My 13 year old daughter is always mortified, it's a good motivation to keep her room cleaned up! I didn't realize how much cavaliers like to eat things before we got one! Alice is always trying to eat things when my husband takes her for walks also. A friend of mine said that their cavalier had to have surgery for eating a whole bunch of gravel when it was about a year old. Thankfully it lived through it OK!