Thread: Anyone tried Neem Oil

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone tried Neem Oil

Has anyone tried Neem oil, I have just ordered a bottle for my cav Toby, if anybody has read my other threads they will know why.
    A bottle of concentrate neem oil for itchy skin, the bottle recommends bathing him once a week has a shampoo, and spray on him twice a day, I will give it a try. Its just cost me 10 for a 250ml bottle. I have read some good feedback on the web, hope it works. happy for any other advice, thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily none of my dogs has itchy skin, but I remembered that someone else on the board talked about their success using Manuka honey as a remedy for itchy skin. You can probably just search for Manuka honey and find the thread.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use it for my last dog Leo, was really good & smells lovely!

I used to bath both dogs in it coz it smelled so nice!!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys thanks for the replys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It stinks

Well ive now tried the neem oil, put some in his normal shampoo and then gave it a good rince out. It is horrible stuff and its smell terrible, my children have been walking round the house all day holding there noses, It leaves his coat abit greasy and and it smells just a little now.
    it might actually stop Toby from licking himself to much if it tastes has bad has it smells. SEE HOW WE GO.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lisa,
    I hope the oil helps! Have you heard of Dermacton cream? http://www.aromesse.com/pages/petnat/dermacton.php
    I've not used it myself, but heard very good things about it (they use it on the westies with bad skin at Many Tears with great results). It's not too expensive, so might be worth a try? Good luck!
    Owned by Kizzy - ex-breeding blenheim CKCS (cross?!), Zara -mini schnauzer, Ozzy - golden retriever and Bella - ex-breeding Westie