• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone tried Neem Oil

lisa wood

Has anyone tried Neem oil, I have just ordered a bottle for my cav Toby, if anybody has read my other threads they will know why.
A bottle of concentrate neem oil for itchy skin, the bottle recommends bathing him once a week has a shampoo, and spray on him twice a day, I will give it a try. Its just cost me £10 for a 250ml bottle. I have read some good feedback on the web, hope it works. happy for any other advice, thanks

Luckily none of my dogs has itchy skin, but I remembered that someone else on the board talked about their success using Manuka honey as a remedy for itchy skin. You can probably just search for Manuka honey and find the thread.

I used to use it for my last dog Leo, was really good & smells lovely!

I used to bath both dogs in it coz it smelled so nice!!

It stinks

Well ive now tried the neem oil, put some in his normal shampoo and then gave it a good rince out. It is horrible stuff and its smell terrible, my children have been walking round the house all day holding there noses, It leaves his coat abit greasy and and it smells just a little now.
it might actually stop Toby from licking himself to much if it tastes has bad has it smells. SEE HOW WE GO.

Back