• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

nutty dog

sarahso

Thought id show you some photos of Thor who is as you may have guessed from previous posts is a total adorable nutter!

he can be a bugger, as we are finding at the moment, thor has been spooked by something & is not walking very well, decides to stop and refuse to move, trying to shift nearly 8 stone of dog is not easy! but he is also so adorable & a great ambasador for his breed.

he has helped us foster many a dog & teach them the ropes... i think they have all picked up on his naughty side! though

Here are some of his naughtier moments!

i got up one morning to find Thor had had a party with my curtains...

thorcurtainsleep.jpg

thorcurtain.jpg

Then there was the time he decided to demolish a door mat!

thorrug.jpg

i will spare you the pooh he did on my brand new sofa!

Playing Postman pat...

postmanpat.jpg

One of his favourite passstimes involves his tongue & windows!

Windowlicker.jpg

pulling funny faces in the car...

grr.jpg

Then there is the sweeter side of big lad...

kisses with mum..

sarahthorkiss.jpg

Cuddles with mum...

sarahthorsleepy.jpg

hmmm think he was a little heavy pawed with the moth...

moth.jpg

taking care of one of our many foster dogs Mia...

Paw.jpg

Giving Poppy chuckles..

thorpoppy.jpg

...and finally sleep...

Runningupthehill12.jpg

ahhh. I love Thor! He looks like such a sweet, mischievious dog! I bet he keeps you in stiches!:badgrin:

Those are great pics what a monkey! LOVE the one of him giving Poppy chuckles so cute!:lol:

He is a great ambassador for the breed -- and boy is he BIG!! That pic with you on the floor really gives a sense of his size. He always looks like a giant teddy bear. He clearly loves playing with other dogs too. That demolished doormat made me laugh -- boy that is just little fragments!

I have one huge male cat, Ambrose, who is the cat I put in with foster kittens for the same kind of reasons you use Thor with fosters. I remember once hearing him making those funny chirps cats can make with kittens and I peaked around the door and he was lying on his side, covered with attacking kittens :lol: When they saw me they froze then all ran for cover. If only I could have video'd it!

It's funny how the big boys are always the mushballs.

Shame about the curtains though! :rotfl:

Lovely photos - shame about the curtains and rug:shock: looks like a gentle giant, we are putting out my mother`s property to rent as she has gone into a carehome and the people renting it have a Burmese Mountain Dog, can`t wait to see it.:)

He looks like a giant teddy bear, what a gorgeous chap!

I bet you love nothing more than big cuddles with him - and that more than makes up for the destruction!!

:eek: at the curtains, maybe you should get him his own dressing up box so that he won't feel the need to do that again LOL

Bless him that he's so gentle with Poppy - he is indeed a great ambassador for a much misunderstood breed - I think many of us have stereotypes for breeds, and it's fantastic to see these photos and change our opinions - I confess that before I'd read your posts, I would have crossed the road if I'd seen an Akita coming...:yikes

I confess that before I'd read your posts, I would have crossed the road if I'd seen an Akita coming...:yikes

you would be suprised at how many do! since i got Thor we have found a lot of people wont come & visit, especially with their kids, my sister included! they are a very misunderstood breed!
Thor is excellent with pickle & freya too. they are hilarious together all three, they are the light in my life!! best medicine ever even when they are being buggers!:biggrin:

Back