• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gizmo 1988 - 2005

lisa wood

I lost Gizmo 4years ago, on the 14th Feb 2005, sadley a tumor appeared on his back and after a couple of tries of steriod treatment the vets told us it was not getting any smaller, the vet said he could have had an operation to remove the tumor, Gizmo was a 17 yr old Mongral, and had a good long life, so we made the decision to have him put to sleep,
My dad gave Gizmo to me when i was 11yrs old and years later I moved out of the family home and Gizmo stayed at my parents until the end, I didn't see Gizmo much after leaving just on family visits back home, where he was so existed to see me. Even when he eventually lost most of his sight and hearing he always new when I was home, I made a big fuss.
My dad phoned me from the vets just after he took his final breath, I only had one worry that was for the muzzle to be removed straight after the injection was given to him, Gizz hated vets and wouldnt have thought twice about having a bite. I wanted him to go with dignity.
My brother who was with my dad at the time asked the vets to do this and they did take it off him straight away.
My dad couldln't even hold back the tears or my brother.
I was devastated at the other end of the phone dad new what id be like so it was best i wasn't there.
I still carry his silver name tag on my keys. He will never be forgotten.

Gizmo 1988 - 2005
Dad 1955 - 2007

( Dad and Gizmo together again )

With Sincere Sympathy to all whos lost there beloved pet.

If it should be that i grow weak,
and pain should keep me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for this battle can't be won.

you will be sad, i understand,
don''t let your grief then stay your hand,
for this day more than all the rest,
your love for me must stand the test.

We,ve had so many happy years,
what is to come can hold no fears,
you'd not want me to suffer so,
the time has come please let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
and please stay with me to the end,
hold me firm and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

Please do not grieve it must be you,
who has this painful thing to do,
we've been so close, we two these years,
don't let your heart hold back the tears.

Last edited:
aw, i have tears in my eyes after reading ur message, im so sorry to hear of the loss of you beloved dad and por gizmo, sounds like he had a great life tho :) hope ur doing good now.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes im doing really good now, has the saying goes "time is a great healer" :)
We had Gizmo's ashes put in my dads garden and planted a nice plant that grows lovely flowers on, in spring, i don't know what the bush is called. but we have named it the the Gizz Bush. Im gonna take a cutting very soon and put it in my own garden, has we have now sold my dads home, and it just a little something to look at and think of him. :)

Last edited:
Memories

Lisa
I hope all all is well now. I think both Gizmo and your dad are with you in spirit. A garden is a wonderful place to immortalise loved ones.
Terry
:)

What a lovely tribute -- thanks for sharing your memories of a great dog and your memories of your dad with us. :flwr:

Back