• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Quick question about a crate

george108

Chrissie has been in her crate for a few treats and also to get her favourite toy. I'm just leaving her to it to get familiar with it. The problem is George. Is it ok to let him go in and out of it? I think he might claim it for himself :) Any tips?

Is Chrissie a puppy? How well do they get along?

Lucky and Sparky love to snuggle together, so while they both have separate crates, at night they generally choose to sleep together and snuggle in just one crate.

Not all dogs can do well though without their own separate space though ...

Chrissie is about 2 years old. We rescued her very recently. She's doing well now with the crate. She goes in and out to get toys and snuggled up for a short while yesterday. George doesn't seem to be overly bothered with it now. He prefers the couch :)

I wouldn't worry if they both use it. Many people have separate crates for each dog, like a small doghouse indoors for each dog (often you can remove the front door or tie it back).

At Tara's for home boarding the crates are always open for dogs that like to sleep in them. Lily loves being inside a crate. :)

I wouldn't worry if they both use it. Many people have separate crates for each dog, like a small doghouse indoors for each dog (often you can remove the front door or tie it back).

At Tara's for home boarding the crates are always open for dogs that like to sleep in them. Lily loves being inside a crate. :)

Thanks Karlin. I wasn't sure if it would cause trouble if they both tried to use it. George has definitely decided the couch is the better option! She's in and out of it though. She's settling really well. We can see differences in her each day. At the moment she's milling in and out bringing all the toys into the back garden :)

I wouldn't think sharing a crate would be a problem unless George tends to get "posessive" of things like toys. We had a foster dog once who claimed one of our dog's crates and it was a nightmare- he would guard it and growl at anyone or any dog who came near it. So, if George is prone to guarding that would be my only reservation. But I think there is a very small chance of that happening. ;)

Back