Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new niece

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default My new niece

I wasn't sure if this could go in the general gallery or not since it's not a Cavalier but a close cousin!

As you all know, my sister's sweet Lhasa Julie died last weekend at 15.5. As Julie was failing, Lynn knew she didn't want to deny Razz the company of another dog, so she started looking for a new sibling for him.

She fell in lve with a little English Toy Spaniel rescue in Alabama (aka: King Charles Spaniel or Charlie). As you know, Alabama's not tooo close to NYC ... She and some generous & dedicated dog loving friends from this & other boards worked hard all week to try to arrange a transport, but all the legs never got together.

Soooo ... Lynn booked a flight into Atlanta early yesterday morning, and back last night. The ETS's foster mom drove Lynn's new dog to Atlanta. One of the people (Holly) generously picked Lynn up at the airport and arranged a brunch so Lynn didn't have to meet the dog at the airport. They just had a couple hours and then Lynn was headed back home with Gemma, her new little ETS whose named is a little tribute to her lost Jewel.

Here are a few pics of Gemma, first at the Airport where I brought Razz to meet her on neutral territory:

Look.... I'm Peeking Outside

Saying Hello to My Big Brother

Am I cute or WHAT?

These are later yesterday. Note: she's not used to the Paparazzi and doesn't know her name so it's hard to get good pics:

Isn't my big brother handsome?
    Last edited by Lani; 19th July 2009 at 05:19 PM.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh she is just adorable

I'm so pleased Lynn managed to find a new friend for Razz, and I wish them many happy years together.

Congratulations to everyone who helped with the transport.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Lani she's absolutely gorgeous

how has Razz taken to her?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Lani

She is a beautiful little Charlie ,the original lapdogs of days gone by ,they are superb pics and I am so happy all went fine with the long journey involved and another happy ending for all .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

What an adorable little face, so pretty.
    I'm surprised to see Charlies in rescue,I wonder if people actually knew what she was?Anyway,her future looks wonderful,well done to all who helped rehoming her.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    What an adorable little face, so pretty.
    I'm surprised to see Charlies in rescue,I wonder if people actually knew what she was?Anyway,her future looks wonderful,well done to all who helped rehoming her.
    Sins
    She's from a puppy mill. Two years old and probably has already had a couple litters. She is soooo skinny too, just like Sparky was. She had a hard start, but you'd never know it. She has such a happy go lucky personality. She's very sweet and SMART! Lynn has her almost leash trained already. And she gets along great with Razz. Lynn's neighbors told Lynn last night that they were happy she got Razz a buddy because he's been crying during the day since Julie's been gone.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Aww she is absolutely beautiful
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

What a great story and what a beauty

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my she is such a beauty, & looks so tiny i just want to hug her im so happy for your sister & Razz & Gemma, i hope all have many very happy years ahead & sure that Gemma will fast become used to the better things in life(like my rubes did) as she deserves Lovely happy ending
    Ps. i look forward to lots more pics!
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

She's very cute Lani. Lovely of your sister to save her.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'