• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My new niece

Lani

I wasn't sure if this could go in the general gallery or not since it's not a Cavalier but a close cousin!

As you all know, my sister's sweet Lhasa Julie died last weekend at 15.5. As Julie was failing, Lynn knew she didn't want to deny Razz the company of another dog, so she started looking for a new sibling for him.

She fell in lve :l*v: with a little English Toy Spaniel rescue in Alabama (aka: King Charles Spaniel or Charlie). As you know, Alabama's not tooo close to NYC ... She and some generous & dedicated dog loving friends from this & other boards worked hard all week to try to arrange a transport, but all the legs never got together. :(

Soooo ... Lynn booked a flight into Atlanta early yesterday morning, and back last night. The ETS's foster mom drove Lynn's new dog to Atlanta. One of the people (Holly) generously picked Lynn up at the airport and arranged a brunch so Lynn didn't have to meet the dog at the airport. They just had a couple hours and then Lynn was headed back home with Gemma, her new little ETS whose named is a little tribute to her lost Jewel.

Here are a few pics of Gemma, first at the Airport where I brought Razz to meet her on neutral territory:

Look.... I'm Peeking Outside
P7181741.jpg

Saying Hello to My Big Brother
P7181745.jpg

Am I cute or WHAT?
P7181746.jpg

These are later yesterday. Note: she's not used to the Paparazzi and doesn't know her name so it's hard to get good pics:
P7181773.jpg

Isn't my big brother handsome?
P7181755.jpg

Last edited:
Oh she is just adorable :hug:

I'm so pleased Lynn managed to find a new friend for Razz, and I wish them many happy years together.

Congratulations to everyone who helped with the transport.

Hi Lani

She is a beautiful little Charlie ,the original lapdogs of days gone by ,they are superb pics and I am so happy all went fine with the long journey involved and another happy ending for all .:)

What an adorable little face, so pretty.
I'm surprised to see Charlies in rescue,I wonder if people actually knew what she was?Anyway,her future looks wonderful,well done to all who helped rehoming her.
Sins

What an adorable little face, so pretty.
I'm surprised to see Charlies in rescue,I wonder if people actually knew what she was?Anyway,her future looks wonderful,well done to all who helped rehoming her.
Sins

She's from a puppy mill. :( Two years old and probably has already had a couple litters. She is soooo skinny too, just like Sparky was. She had a hard start, but you'd never know it. She has such a happy go lucky personality. She's very sweet and SMART! Lynn has her almost leash trained already. And she gets along great with Razz. Lynn's neighbors told Lynn last night that they were happy she got Razz a buddy because he's been crying during the day since Julie's been gone.

Oh my she is such a beauty, & looks so tiny i just want to hug her:l*v: im so happy for your sister & Razz & Gemma, i hope all have many very happy years ahead & sure that Gemma will fast become used to the better things in life(like my rubes did) as she deserves:) Lovely happy ending :)
Ps. i look forward to lots more pics!

Just adorable ad what a nice addition she will make -- I hope there are many years ahead together for all!

I thought you had put a picture of a new human baby into the 'animal friends' section and was going to suggest she could go somewhere else... :rotfl:

There's actually a KCS in your back yard that'd make a great play mate, also black and tan. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link (I'm not affiliated), was on Petfinder. My wife won't let me have another dog :(

There's actually a KCS in your back yard that'd make a great play mate, also black and tan. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link (I'm not affiliated), was on Petfinder. My wife won't let me have another dog :(

Better not tell my sister that ... she flew all the way to GA to rescue this one. :lol: That said, I think she wants to stay with just 2 dogs for the moment, but I might have to take a look at Petfinder anyway. I'm at my limit too though.

Gemma is such a sweetie. I can't wait to see her over the weekend and see what progress she's making.

Back