• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Royal Canin CKCS?

vgaffney83

When you guys refer to the Royal Canin CKCS formula, are you referring to the Cocker Spaniel formula? I'm looking on the Royal Canin US site now and only see the Cocker breed formula.........

In the UK we have a Royal Canin Cavalier King Charles Spaniel food - perhaps they have not marketed it in the US as there are not so many Cavaliers?

I've just had a quick look, and wondered about this one for you

MINI Indoor Adult 21

Does anyone in the US feed that?

I looked into the Cavalier formula last year and was told by the company that it is not available in the U.S. with no forseeable release. I think the mini adult is a good choice. Chelsea gets the sensitive stomach formula which is supposed to taste good. By her reaction each day I think so as she rushes the bowel. I thik Vivie is fed up with the puppy formula. Suzanne

Mine are fed with RC CKCS and they are doing very well on it. Their coats are a lot more shiny,the stools are non-stinky , smaller and "easy" to handle;)
I´ts pretty new up here and was first only sold in bags with 3 kg in but is now available in 7 kg bags.

RC is what I kept Rudy on when I got him. As he got a bit older, I moved him from their puppy blend to mini indoor adult. He's pretty flexible on food (not a picky eater by any stretch!) so even when I try him on different brands, we always come back to RC Mini Indoor Adult 21. It's convenient too since it's available at my local Petsmart. I've been told by the RC rep who was at Petsmart not too long ago, that the Cavalier blend isn't available in US ...yet...

Does the mini adult formula have less calories? I mean is that what makes it for mini dogs? Or does the indoor formula have less calories?

I've just now compared the ingredients (on the UK site for RC) between the Cavalier and the Shih Tzu formulas. Our Shih Tzu did very well on RC in his old age and loved to eat it. The two are very similar, so you could possibly compare the Cavalier ingredients with some of the formulas we get here in the U.S., and go from there.

Editing to say I just checked the U.S. site, and the Shih Tzu blend has different ingredients. How odd. I wonder why they have a UK formula that is different from the U.S. formula?

Last edited:
Back